Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Breastfeeding Moms Breastfeeding Moms
So today dh and i went bowling and took dd. She gets hungry so i begin feeding her. I cover up with a blanket. Well for some reason she unlatches herself and i look under the blanket to see what is going on. I then notice that my breast is spraying milk all over her, the blanket and me. I had to try to clean up the mess, get it to stop and finish feeding in the middle of a bowling alley. Anyone else have an embarrassing or funny story to share and make me feel less like an idiot? Lol
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 20, 2013 at 7:52 PM
Replies (31-38):
GoldenLinds
by Bronze Member on Feb. 21, 2013 at 12:05 PM
Wow ladies. Hahaha I can only imagine. Maybe it will happen to me if I ever have another. I have never sprayed or even leaked. Stingy stingy boobs.
MaryJarrett
by Mary on Feb. 21, 2013 at 12:41 PM

When Serenity was 1 wk old (now 4.5yrs) I went to a check up with her. I stopped by walmart on the way to grab more nursing pads, because at that point I was soaking through a set every half hour. I got a new brand because they were cheaper. I only glanced at the directions while putting them in, in the car, so that I wasn't late for the appt. About 15 minutes later in the waiting room, a baby started crying. I started soaking my pads, but I could feel my shirt getting cold while filling out the info. My mom had come with me, and she whispers, "I don't think those pads are working." I look down, and I have two RIVERS of milk soaking the front of my shirt!!! I put them in the WRONG way!! UGH!!! Thank goodness my mom always brings a jacket with her. So I took of my shirt and zipped it up in the bathroom. EVERYONE saw my soaked shirt. LOL!!! It was priceless! <3 

muchlovedby4
by on Feb. 21, 2013 at 7:46 PM
1 mom liked this
(MAY BE TMI FOR SOME)

I sprayed xf once when i orgasmed during sex, after my 2 year old was born. I felt the letdown and tried to move, but i was too late and he got a faceful. His look was priceless! Thanfully, we laughed afterward lol
crystalx88
by on Feb. 21, 2013 at 7:54 PM

We get sprayed all the time! lol when he gets sleepy he'll unlach himself while its spraying..so hard to control it! The other night my SO was asleep and I was nursing right next to him in bed while this happened, he got sprayed on the arm while he was asleep and when he woke up and reazlied what it was he freaked out.. its only milk tho! no need to freak out, I get it all over me! pretty amusing tho! lol

Mrsfarr
by on Feb. 21, 2013 at 8:01 PM
I'm so glad I stopped to read this. I got a good belly laugh. Woke up my daughter sleeping on my chest but its totally worth it. I haven't had any embarrassing moments yet but I've only been at it for three weeks.
Journeysmama11
by on Feb. 21, 2013 at 8:12 PM

It wasn't in public but when my ds was still a new born I was nursing him on our couch in the football hold and he pulled back and unlatched and I actually sprayed backwards over my shoulder, over the couch and it hit the window! I died laughing! My dh saw and was like holy crap! I didn't know you could do that!!! hahah!

Cruz-s-mommy
by Amanda on Feb. 21, 2013 at 8:25 PM

Ditto. And I also stopped using a nursing cover around 4 or 5 months, because DS learned how to throw them off, he hated it, I switched to the 2 shirt method after.

Quoting christineT79:

I've never had that happen in public but it's happened. I couldnt help but laugh when the milk was spraying all over her face. lol.

xredstarsx
by Bronze Member on Feb. 21, 2013 at 8:26 PM
I have never sprayed. However last week I answered the door for ups without pulling my tank back up. Oops
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN