Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Breastfeeding Moms Breastfeeding Moms

allergies in 3 wk old, need some opinions Added ENT vent!!

Posted by   + Show Post

So, my little guy is starting to present just like his big brother did.

(Back story about DS2) At 3 months I finally got him allergy tested and he tested positive to wheat, soy, egg and brown rice (but not white rice)

DS3 is allergic to *something* I don't know if I should eliminate everything, (seeing that I have a history to base things off of) or if I should try by eliminating like wheat, and if he doesn't clear up in two weeks or so, then cut out soy, or dairy, etc.

We are going to an ENT today, to see about getting a tongue and lip clip, poor kid def has a lip tie like his siblings did, and it seems he has a posterior tongue tie as well. But the ENT also does allergy testing, so I will be asking him as well.

ETA:

UGH, the ENT told me that lip ties don't effect anything but teeth, there is no reason to cut a lip tie. He also said that DS does not have a tongue tie, that his gasping for air while nursing, vomitting, gas, inability to keep a pacifier in his mouth etc, is all likely due to some gastro issue.

He also told me that they don't test for allergies until 3 or 4, because they don't really have allergies before that......

I am SO glad that  I already have  a second opinion appt set up.

Mommy of FIVE!!!

Tara~12.16.03  Zachary~5.17.05  Rowan~1.17.09  Willow~8/10/11  Soren~ 1/28/13

by on Feb. 21, 2013 at 9:37 AM
Replies (21-24):
mommaoftwo
by on Feb. 21, 2013 at 10:51 PM
1 mom liked this

thank you so much, I just think he is breastfeeding-dumb, no point of reference / experience

Quoting maggiemom2000:

Check the list of frenotomy surgeons here: "The following surgeons and practioners are reported by mothers and lactation professionals to be adept at frenotomies for both anterior and posterior tongue tie." http://www.lowmilksupply.org/frenotomy.shtml

Quoting mommaoftwo:

He has skin scratch tests done.

I think I am going to try to get in touch with a lactation consultant before the appt, just to verify with someone else that he is tongue and lip tied, before I start with the momma bear routine.

Quoting K8wizzo:

:(  That stinks!  It sounds like he does have a lip tie and a posterior tongue tie.

He's right in part that some doctors don't like to test before age 3 because the tests aren't very accurate before then.  However, as you know, allergies DO exist before then and testing can have SOME value.  Did your DS2 have skin testing or RAST tests at 3 months?

Mommy of FIVE!!!

Tara~12.16.03  Zachary~5.17.05  Rowan~1.17.09  Willow~8/10/11  Soren~ 1/28/13

lizzieiguana
by on Feb. 22, 2013 at 11:17 AM

SECOND OPINION! AND REPORT HIM TO THE AMA!

melindabelcher
by mel on Feb. 22, 2013 at 11:19 AM

Thats aweful!!! Lip ties do absolutely cause problems. I had a borded line FTT 9mo because of a simple lip tie!

angelcorrine
by Member on Feb. 22, 2013 at 11:43 AM
I did a total elimination diet with my son and it's one of the best things I ever did. His "colic" turned out to be food sensitivities to dairy soy and egg. It's hard and it sucks being on such a restricted diet in the beginning, but it helped him tremendously.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN