Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Breastfeeding Moms Breastfeeding Moms

Did fenugreek work for *you*??

Posted by   + Show Post

Hi ladies,

I've been having problems BFing and I have to pump and dump for a little while. My milk supply plummeted, and my IBCLCs started me on fenugreek. I feel like I'm taking a SHITLOAD of it... three 610mg capsules three times a day, up from two a day, as they suggested. But my body hasn't responded to it at ALL, my supply is still devastatingly low, and now I'm getting mild headaches every day.

Has anyone else had problems with fenugreek, or is it supposed to work? I wasn't sure if it just doesn't work the same for everyone, because all I've ever heard is that it makes your milk supply go nuts. I have to visit the CLCs next week but I was just wondering if other BFers have tried fenugreek and had no success with it...

by on Feb. 21, 2013 at 10:54 PM
Replies (31-32):
1stpreggers
by on Feb. 23, 2013 at 4:21 PM
Yes and they are delicious! I can send you the recipe.

Quoting MamaMerkle126:

What the WHAT? There's cookies??? =D

Quoting 1stpreggers:

you have to take alot but, it works! I took it with my ds, but it gave me bad gas. Lactaction cookies also helped me a lot and they taste great.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MamaMerkle126
by on Feb. 23, 2013 at 4:52 PM

Eep! Yes please!

Quoting 1stpreggers:

Yes and they are delicious! I can send you the recipe.

Quoting MamaMerkle126:

What the WHAT? There's cookies??? =D

Quoting 1stpreggers:

you have to take alot but, it works! I took it with my ds, but it gave me bad gas. Lactaction cookies also helped me a lot and they taste great.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)