Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Breastfeeding Moms Breastfeeding Moms

lossing weight

Posted by on Feb. 22, 2013 at 10:13 AM
  • 15 Replies
My dd was born Wednesday @ 4:51 am her birth weight was 9lbs 8ozs 21 1/2 inches long. She was weighted last night and she now weights 8lbs 13ozs so like 11 ounces lost, is this normal or healthy.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 22, 2013 at 10:13 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
IrishIz
by Silver Member on Feb. 22, 2013 at 10:40 AM

Normal!   She's fine!

Baby_Avas_Momma
by Gold Member on Feb. 22, 2013 at 10:41 AM
Normal! :)
How many diapers is she having?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
momsince04
by on Feb. 22, 2013 at 10:42 AM
I was told its normal for baby's to lose weight, and it can take a couple weeks for the baby to go back to normal. None of my kids ever lost weight, and that can be normal too
MalakbelLacuna
by on Feb. 22, 2013 at 11:00 AM
thats normal, how are her diapers?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
melindabelcher
by mel on Feb. 22, 2013 at 11:15 AM

Congrats on your newbie!!

Normal/expected weight loss up to 10%-13%(15.2oz-19.76oz) of babys birth weight. Depends on if you had a c-section or lots of fluids during labor. According to that her weight loss looks well within the normal range. I wouldn't be suprised to see baby go even a little lower by 1 week.

How is nursing going? How many poops is she having a day?

lextjmom0709
by on Feb. 22, 2013 at 11:16 AM
She has 3 wet and up to 4 to 6 poo depending she has only had one bottle no other formula then that
lextjmom0709
by on Feb. 22, 2013 at 11:37 AM
She was a c section baby, nursing is a breeze except last night when she would latch suck a little bit and then delatch i ended up giving in and gave her one bottle.

Quoting melindabelcher:

Normal/expected weight loss up to 10%-13%(15.2oz-19.76oz) of babys birth weight. Depends on if you had a c-section or lots of fluids during labor. According to that her weight loss looks well within the normal range. I wouldn't be suprised to see baby go even a little lower by 1 week.

luvmymunchkins3
by on Feb. 22, 2013 at 11:37 AM

normal

lextjmom0709
by on Feb. 22, 2013 at 11:38 AM
4 to 6 poos

Quoting melindabelcher:

melindabelcher
by mel on Feb. 22, 2013 at 11:39 AM

no no no no!!! no bottles mama!! She doen't need them. You've got everything she needs. Giving bottles this early has caused BF prob for many mamas including myself.

Quoting lextjmom0709:

She was a c section baby, nursing is a breeze except last night when she would latch suck a little bit and then delatch i ended up giving in and gave her one bottle.

Quoting melindabelcher:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN