Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Breastfeeding Moms Breastfeeding Moms

Did u use a binkie?

Posted by on Feb. 22, 2013 at 7:45 PM
  • 47 Replies
I just had a baby 9 days ago. Everything is going great Breastfeeding. I use a nipple shield because of flat nipples. But other than that everything is awesome she has not had anything but me and I'm so happy! I planned on no bottles or binkies but when we are in the car or things like that I have been thinking, gosh I wish I had a binkie until I can feed her. But I'm so scared to give her one and if I do idk which one to give. Do u have recommendations for me or advice for me?

This is my last baby and I am determined to have breastfeedibg work this time and I don't want a binkie to screw it up
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 22, 2013 at 7:45 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
collinsmommy0
by on Feb. 22, 2013 at 8:01 PM
1 mom liked this
Use nipple shells to help pull out your nipples & toss the shields.

We used a pacifier - avent brand I think - for 'daddy time' (when he was helping w/the baby) & car seat time. I tossed them around 4 months....DH used them for about another month when he was playing with DS
cabsmom10
by on Feb. 22, 2013 at 8:20 PM
I tried a paci and Declan wanted nothing to do with one lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
sunshinepraying
by Bronze Member on Feb. 22, 2013 at 8:55 PM
I used one with dd. she used it for a little whole but didn't really care either way after that.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Starshine-bela
by Leah on Feb. 22, 2013 at 9:00 PM
My lo won't take one. We got him to twice and never again though we tried. He isn't a fan of bottles either lol
Zazayam
by Nicki on Feb. 22, 2013 at 9:06 PM

I use NUK brand, no real reason why. They make some that are supposed to be for BF babies but mine weren't picky. Try one and if the baby seems confused or has a hard time latching next feeding time toss it or try a different type. Congrats btw :)

kdloves.
by on Feb. 22, 2013 at 9:15 PM

I hear the avent soothies are best to use for a bf baby.

polkaspots
by Gold Member on Feb. 22, 2013 at 9:19 PM
The soothies are awesome. He used them for the first eight months or so until he decided they were better used for throwing and biting. Now when he finds them he just plays with them.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
nikkifam5
by Member on Feb. 22, 2013 at 9:20 PM
I use NUK
kylersmommy
by Member on Feb. 22, 2013 at 9:22 PM
We use nuk as well! Haven't had any issues. Ds is almost 5m and has had it since a little after a week old. Sleeping mostly is when he uses it. Falls asleep and then he takes it out. Lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MaryJarrett
by Mary on Feb. 22, 2013 at 9:23 PM
My oldest only liked the brown mam ones. She only took it for maybe a month, then she started playing with it so we switches it with teething toys. My second never took one. I liked it better without.

Nipple SHELLS are a better option for flat nipples. The shields can issues. I would switch asap.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN