Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Breastfeeding Moms Breastfeeding Moms

Calling all babywearers!!!

Posted by on Feb. 22, 2013 at 10:46 PM
  • 46 Replies

Ok so I'm looking for a good carrier. Tried the Snugli, kind of hate it because it feels like it is putting so much pressure on his hips and crotch. I absolutely HATE the moby wrap, I can't figure the damn thing out after billions of attempts. I really want a sling. I hate the way wraps cover up your entire front like a mummy. I am looking at the Mamma's Milk adjustable sling and think it might be the one for me! (Not a big fan of ring slings). Any way, what is your experience with pouch slings, and what is your favorite one!?!

by on Feb. 22, 2013 at 10:46 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
november117
by on Feb. 22, 2013 at 10:47 PM
Mei tai is the best imo. I have tried the snugli, moby, hot sling and mei tai. Absolutely love it. Could not have gotten through ds's colic without it.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MrsNiko88
by Member on Feb. 22, 2013 at 10:48 PM
1 mom liked this

I love the baby K'tan. Super easy to work with!

CatFishMom
by on Feb. 22, 2013 at 10:48 PM

I bought a sevensling and hated it. I love my ring sling because it's completely adjustable from newborn up to toddler.

1stpreggers
by on Feb. 22, 2013 at 10:49 PM
1 mom liked this

really? I love my moby, it's not that diffcult to figure out. They are video tutorials on youtube

KristenandCaleb
by on Feb. 22, 2013 at 10:50 PM

Thanks ladies! I have heard good things about Mei tei's and the baby k'tan. I heard sevenslings suck lol. I may try a ring sling, I just love the idea of a pouch!

KristenandCaleb
by on Feb. 22, 2013 at 10:52 PM
Quoting 1stpreggers:

really? I love my moby, it's not that diffcult to figure out. They are video tutorials on youtube

I suck so bad lol. I use the Youtube tutorials all the time and still can't figure it out. I think it's because my son is so big for his age. He is 2 months and still has a wobbly head, so I have to use the newborn holds, but he is like the size of a 6 month old!

1stpreggers
by on Feb. 22, 2013 at 11:03 PM
1 mom liked this

Maybe you should try a ring sling, they're super adjustable and easy to put on.

Quoting KristenandCaleb:

Quoting 1stpreggers:

I suck so bad lol. I use the Youtube tutorials all the time and still can't figure it out. I think it's because my son is so big for his age. He is 2 months and still has a wobbly head, so I have to use the newborn holds, but he is like the size of a 6 month old!

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
catholicmamamia
by on Feb. 23, 2013 at 1:51 AM
1 mom liked this

Love my wraps, ring slings, mei tais, and ergo..  :o) 

Crunchy Moms ~ La Leche League ~ Natural Family Planning
                     ♥♥♥♥ Click the title to join us in these great groups ♥♥♥

Jujubee12
by Bronze Member on Feb. 23, 2013 at 2:15 AM
1 mom liked this

I had a seven sling.. and it was ok but ds grew out of it in like 3 months, the hot sling is adjustable and I liked it but again hes already on his way of growing out of it. I honestly really love the ring sling, I just made my own (you can shorten the tail too that way) there are a lot more carrying options and its easier to nurse in than the pouch slings. But other than that I mean they were good slings. I also liked that the hot sling was fixed so I didnt have to fold it each time like the other one.

MommyJill87
by Jill on Feb. 23, 2013 at 2:20 AM
1 mom liked this
HATE moby.

I a true and tried ergo lover.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)