Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Breastfeeding Moms Breastfeeding Moms

Can I put breastmilk on my new tattoo instead of lotion? edit added pic

Posted by on Feb. 25, 2013 at 10:32 PM
  • 30 Replies

I just got my first tattoo :D

its of "June 16th" my son and I's birthday that we share...

the artist said to put A&D on it until it heals, but i was wondering if breastmilk might work better?? it always increases healing time when i put it on other wounds. 

____________________________________________________________________________________

Non-vaccinating, breastfeeding, babywearing, co-sleeping, cloth diapering, attachment parenting, anti-CIO,  crunchy momma of one happy little baby boy. :)

by on Feb. 25, 2013 at 10:32 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
PolishMamma2
by Marta on Feb. 25, 2013 at 11:01 PM

I wouldnt. I think the breastmilk might do too good of a job at healing the tattoo, meaning it might draw out the ink under the skin.  Oh and me and DD share a BDay 7-17 then my hubby and DS share a BDay 4-13. Not planned, I swear!

BroCosMom
by Bronze Member on Feb. 25, 2013 at 11:03 PM
I agree with pp I use aveno non scented for mine and I have 8 a&d smells too much like baby butt lol
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
LucyHourglass
by on Feb. 25, 2013 at 11:04 PM

thats so cool!!!! I didnt think of that lol, i put some on it but i'll put the A&D on it then. i'm a little confused about aftercare since this is my first one and i dont want to mess it up! any tips?

Quoting PolishMamma2:

I wouldnt. I think the breastmilk might do too good of a job at healing the tattoo, meaning it might draw out the ink under the skin.  Oh and me and DD share a BDay 7-17 then my hubby and DS share a BDay 4-13. Not planned, I swear!

____________________________________________________________________________________

Non-vaccinating, breastfeeding, babywearing, co-sleeping, cloth diapering, attachment parenting, anti-CIO,  crunchy momma of one happy little baby boy. :)

sissy852
by Bronze Member on Feb. 25, 2013 at 11:04 PM
this

Quoting BroCosMom:

I agree with pp I use aveno non scented for mine and I have 8 a&d smells too much like baby butt lol

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LucyHourglass
by on Feb. 25, 2013 at 11:05 PM

I was reading that too much A&D can be bad? the artist said to put on A&D like every 5-6 hours or so... but then i'm reading online not to do that? do you have any tips? I have shea baby lotion that is organic and all natural, hsould i use that?

Quoting BroCosMom:

PolishMamma2
by Marta on Feb. 25, 2013 at 11:25 PM

I used vasaline (thats not really recomended) then cocoa butter, But from what ive read you should use dye free and unsented lotions. And dont let it dry out. When it dries it will crack and seperate the dye.  How is his weight by the way???

Quoting LucyHourglass:

thats so cool!!!! I didnt think of that lol, i put some on it but i'll put the A&D on it then. i'm a little confused about aftercare since this is my first one and i dont want to mess it up! any tips?

Quoting PolishMamma2:

PolishMamma2
by Marta on Feb. 25, 2013 at 11:26 PM

A&D is good for like the first 2-3 days then switch to a unsented lotion or cocoa butter...

BroCosMom
by Bronze Member on Feb. 25, 2013 at 11:29 PM
I put aveeno unscripted lotion on 3-4 times a day or when I feel it drying out/get hard...depending on how your skin takes the ink you may peel a lot or not at all, I'm a big peeler look like snake skin peeling lol but my artist says not to use anything clear like a&d or Vaseline but scent free baby lotion :-)

Quoting LucyHourglass:

I was reading that too much A&D can be bad? the artist said to put on A&D like every 5-6 hours or so... but then i'm reading online not to do that? do you have any tips? I have shea baby lotion that is organic and all natural, hsould i use that?

Quoting BroCosMom:

Mrsfarr
by on Feb. 25, 2013 at 11:30 PM
Twice a day and about as thinly as lotion. If it's too thick, the scan will liquefy and your ink won't stay.

Quoting LucyHourglass:

Quoting BroCosMom:

3lilladies81
by on Feb. 25, 2013 at 11:30 PM
1 mom liked this
Coconut oil.... Then again I don't have tatoos so I can't really say. It has healing properties in it that's why I suggested it.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)