Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Breastfeeding Moms Breastfeeding Moms

UGH! I'm at my wit's end this morning...

Posted by on Feb. 26, 2013 at 10:11 AM
  • 9 Replies

This child is going to make me pull my hair out today! Lol. I have been trying to feed my daughter for over an hour and she just keeps crying when I put her to the breast. She did this a little before bed last night, but ate fine from then on until she was supposed to eat like an hour an a half ago. I'm guessing she was just tired because she's sleeping now, but that's just not like her. I'll pump one side so I'll have enough for her to eat when she wakes up (hopefully she'll eat!!!). I hope she's not getting sick or something :-/

by on Feb. 26, 2013 at 10:11 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
JustFox
by Member on Feb. 26, 2013 at 10:15 AM
My DD has been doing that lately we found out last night she has a head cold... How old is you DD?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
xLilBit22
by on Feb. 26, 2013 at 10:19 AM
Aww hope she is okay and not getting sick.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
LilliansMama27
by Candy on Feb. 26, 2013 at 10:27 AM

Oh no! I hope she's not getting sick :( She's almost 9 weeks.

LilliansMama27
by Candy on Feb. 26, 2013 at 10:34 AM

Ok she just woke up and she's eating now. Guess she finally caved after almost 3 1/2 hours and some sleep. She normally eats every hour an a half to 2 hours so when she was getting fussy that's what I thought she wanted...really threw me for a loop when she refused and I had no idea what she wanted! Lol

Mitzi31
by on Feb. 26, 2013 at 3:49 PM

Dd used to do that too and I still don't really know why. We were battling thrush at that point but we've battled it since too and she's still not done it so I don't think that was it. Who knows. I'm a first time mom and everyone said you'd have instincts on what your baby wants and that has taken a long time. Sometimes I STILL don't know what she wants. She only 7 months but it won't be long till she'll just be able to tell me, lol.

collinsmommy0
by on Feb. 26, 2013 at 5:45 PM
Normal infant behavior. infants are fussy little creatures.
Starshine-bela
by Leah on Feb. 26, 2013 at 9:22 PM
1 mom liked this
It's normal. My LO does it occasionally. Sometimes they just want to yell or aren't hungry and just want to cuddle. I have an exercise ball my SIL gave me for Christmas. I call it the magic ball because when LO is fussy all I have to do is bounce gently with him on it and no matter how upset he is, he instantly calms down. I've put him to sleep on it lol
mostlymaydays
by Group Mod-Stacy on Feb. 26, 2013 at 10:01 PM
My second son was a colicky beast, for 11 weeks and 6 days. I had an exercise ball we lived on during that time. The only way I could sit down was on that ball. I rolled it from room to room. It was like he didn't feel me sit otherwise it was lots of screaming when my butt hit a chair. And we played Alison Krauss' "The Lucky One" on continuous loop. Shockingly I still like that song after hearing it about 29,412 times. ;-). Yes, major props to the magic ball.

Quoting Starshine-bela:

It's normal. My LO does it occasionally. Sometimes they just want to yell or aren't hungry and just want to cuddle. I have an exercise ball my SIL gave me for Christmas. I call it the magic ball because when LO is fussy all I have to do is bounce gently with him on it and no matter how upset he is, he instantly calms down. I've put him to sleep on it lol
Starshine-bela
by Leah on Feb. 27, 2013 at 6:55 AM
A workout for mom and comfort for baby. Lol I think it is amazing how well it works

Quoting mostlymaydays:

My second son was a colicky beast, for 11 weeks and 6 days. I had an exercise ball we lived on during that time. The only way I could sit down was on that ball. I rolled it from room to room. It was like he didn't feel me sit otherwise it was lots of screaming when my butt hit a chair. And we played Alison Krauss' "The Lucky One" on continuous loop. Shockingly I still like that song after hearing it about 29,412 times. ;-). Yes, major props to the magic ball.

Quoting Starshine-bela:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN