Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Join the 'Breastfeeding Myths Debunked' Challenge and WIN a $25 gift card and other prizes!!!

Posted by on Mar. 4, 2013 at 10:41 AM
  • 337 Replies
11 moms liked this

breastfeeding

As a breastfeeding mom, there are all kinds of information about breastfeeding thrown at us. Sometimes it's hard to decide what is fact and what is myth. We will debunk ten 'facts' for you and give you a fun, daily activity.  

Sign up below for our Breastfeeding Myths Debunked Challenge and we'll provide you with 10 daily weekday reminders so you won't miss a day.

To sign up for this 10 day challenge, just reply to this post! Starting March 11th, you’ll receive a daily weekday link to the activity of the day!

One lucky member who replies to this post and participates in all 10 days will be eligible to receive a $25 gift card! Plus, we'll have other fun prizes so be sure to check in every day!

We'll add links to each day's challenge here!

Myth 1: 'Breastfeeding Myths Debunked' Day 1: Dad can only bond by feeding baby
Myth 2: 'Breastfeeding Myths Debunked' Day 2: Pump output equals amount baby is getting
Myth 3: 'Breastfeeding Myths Debunked' Day 3: Breasts need time to refill- BONUS DAY: WIN a CafeMom Toddler T-shirt
Myth 4: 'Breastfeeding Myths Debunked' Day 4: There are no benefits to breastfeeding over a year
Myth 5: 'Breastfeeding Myths Debunked' Day 5: You can't breastfeed after surgery or other procedures
Myth 6: 'Breastfeeding Myths Debunked' Day 6: Bottles increase in size as baby gets older
Myth 7: 'Breastfeeding Myths Debunked' Day 7: Never wake a sleeping baby-BONUS Day- WIN a CafeMom Tote Bag
Myth 8: 'Breastfeeding Myths Debunked' Day 8: Breastfeeding moms don't need support
Myth 9: 'Breastfeeding Myths Debunked' Day 9: You can hold your baby too much
Myth 10: 
 'Breastfeeding Myths Debunked' Day 10: Frequent nursing sessions cause problems-BONUS DAY-WIN a CafeMom Coffee Mug

Official Rules

• The Breastfeeding Moms giveaway starts 3/11/2013 at 8:00am (ET) and ends 3/31/2013 at 11:00pm (ET) (the "Giveaway Period").
  • Enter by replying to all 10 of the Challenge related posts with appropriate comments during the Giveaway Period.
  • One winner will be selected in a random drawing of all eligible entries to receive a $25 gift card to Target, Walmart or Amazon.com.  
  • The random drawing shall occur on or about 4/7/2013.
  • No Purchase Necessary.
  • Open to US, DC, and PR residents 16 years and older.
  • Void where prohibited. Click here for the rest of the Official Rules.

by on Mar. 4, 2013 at 10:41 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
FebPenguins
by on Mar. 4, 2013 at 12:06 PM

Me!

vermontmoms
by Member on Mar. 4, 2013 at 12:07 PM
Ok...
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Cruz-s-mommy
by Amanda on Mar. 4, 2013 at 12:24 PM
I'm in. :-)
GoldenLinds
by Bronze Member on Mar. 4, 2013 at 12:26 PM
Woo!!
FluffyM
by on Mar. 4, 2013 at 1:11 PM

Sounds great!

Starshine-bela
by Leah on Mar. 4, 2013 at 2:53 PM
Sign me up!
Ms.Pteranodon
by Silver Member on Mar. 4, 2013 at 3:03 PM
I'll probably suck at it, but sounds fun
Purplemommi
by on Mar. 4, 2013 at 3:10 PM
I'll give it a try
greenishgirl
by on Mar. 5, 2013 at 10:35 AM

i'm in

PolishMamma2
by Marta on Mar. 5, 2013 at 10:37 AM

I'm in...

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)