Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Breastfeeding Moms Breastfeeding Moms

Healing after clip

Posted by on Feb. 27, 2013 at 11:57 AM
  • 5 Replies

Dd (7 weeks) had her posterior tongue tie and upper lip tie clipped yesterday.  The procedure went well and she was relatively normal until last night when she became what I affectionately call high needs baby girl.  

We already cosleep etc but she can't be close enough to me right now.  After she nurses I'm supposed to run my finger under her tongue and lip and it hurts so she wants to nurse again for comfort - it's a never ending cycle.  

I'm supposed to do this for a week... Is that about how long it will take to heal? Anytime I have a cut in my mouth I feel like it heals pretty quickly.  I just hate inflicting pain on her : (

also if anyone is near the Raleigh Durham area and needs a good ENT I highly recommend Dr. Pugh - she was excellent : )

by on Feb. 27, 2013 at 11:57 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
MommyO2-6631
by Leslie on Feb. 27, 2013 at 1:55 PM
I would do it for as long as they say so it doesn't grow back together... we've never had this done though so hopefully someone else will be able to help more.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
melindabelcher
by mel on Feb. 27, 2013 at 2:14 PM
We only have to do it 3-5 times a day.
Bump for more perspective
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
PolishMamma2
by Marta on Feb. 27, 2013 at 2:57 PM

She might be going through a growth spurt on top of all that too. But I would just do what the Dr says because ive heard of them growing back.

SadieJames
by on Feb. 27, 2013 at 2:59 PM
Good point on a spurt. I will keep doing it for the week I was just wondering when maybe it wouldn't hurt her so bad. When I do it she looks at me so so so sad and hurt : (

Quoting PolishMamma2:

She might be going through a growth spurt on top of all that too. But I would just do what the Dr says because ive heard of them growing back.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
PolishMamma2
by Marta on Feb. 27, 2013 at 3:07 PM

I know that look. I was crying when I got my DS circumsised (hubby's choice) So I know how you feel. The good thing is that the mouth does heal fast, and your Bfeeding so that should make it even faster. I think there telling you to run your finger on the spots just so it will deffinetly heal up good. It will pass soon & the good thing is she wont remember!!!

Quoting SadieJames:

Good point on a spurt. I will keep doing it for the week I was just wondering when maybe it wouldn't hurt her so bad. When I do it she looks at me so so so sad and hurt : (

Quoting PolishMamma2:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN