Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Breastfeeding Moms Breastfeeding Moms

I need some heat!

Posted by on Feb. 27, 2013 at 8:15 PM
  • 10 Replies

I live in WA the winter months and spring months seem endless to me..I have a hard time making it through to the summer time. I recently had my lil boy he will be 5 weeks on fri. Im contemplating going tanning just for some warmth..is that okay to do while nursing??

by on Feb. 27, 2013 at 8:15 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Jess21608
by Member on Feb. 27, 2013 at 9:15 PM

Bump

piwife
by on Feb. 27, 2013 at 9:16 PM
Yeah is k.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
gdiamante
by Group Mod - Gina on Feb. 28, 2013 at 12:16 AM

Tanning is bad for your skin, but zero impact on milk.

Jess21608
by Member on Feb. 28, 2013 at 12:31 AM

I know it is, but so are lots of other things, I would like to try it for a month

Quoting gdiamante:

gdiamante
by Group Mod - Gina on Feb. 28, 2013 at 12:56 AM

I tend to be really really negative on tanning because of the high rate of melanoma among young women. A co-worker of mine died of it some years ago, and at work we've been profiling the daughter of a former congressman who's seriously ill with Stage 3 melanoma. She's only in her 20s.

So yeah, I'm evangelical about not tanning. 

Quoting Jess21608:

I know it is, but so are lots of other things, I would like to try it for a month

Quoting gdiamante:

MonicaV1982
by on Feb. 28, 2013 at 1:45 AM

I feel you! I grew up in Bothell and lived in Bothell, West Seattle, Auburn, Tacoma, and Spanaway! Where are you from?  And yes tanning is fine aside from the cancer part, but that's another argument. :) Do you have SAD?

Jess21608
by Member on Feb. 28, 2013 at 2:06 AM

I currently live in Kent but have lived in Auburn, and Renton. I think I do have SAD thats why I was hoping maybe a lil tanning might help. My MIL has SAD and she went tanning for a couple months during the winter and it greatly improved how she felt

Quoting MonicaV1982:

I feel you! I grew up in Bothell and lived in Bothell, West Seattle, Auburn, Tacoma, and Spanaway! Where are you from?  And yes tanning is fine aside from the cancer part, but that's another argument. :) Do you have SAD?

MonicaV1982
by on Feb. 28, 2013 at 2:33 AM

you know they have special lights for people with SAD?

Quoting Jess21608:

I currently live in Kent but have lived in Auburn, and Renton. I think I do have SAD thats why I was hoping maybe a lil tanning might help. My MIL has SAD and she went tanning for a couple months during the winter and it greatly improved how she felt

Quoting MonicaV1982:

Jess21608
by Member on Feb. 28, 2013 at 2:34 AM

I didnt know that, will have to look into that

Quoting MonicaV1982:

Quoting Jess21608:

Quoting MonicaV1982:

MonicaV1982
by on Feb. 28, 2013 at 2:38 AM

http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/seasonal-affective-disorder-treatment/DN00013

Quoting Jess21608:

I didnt know that, will have to look into that

Quoting MonicaV1982:

Quoting Jess21608:

Quoting MonicaV1982:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN