Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Breastfeeding Moms Breastfeeding Moms

Sleep

Posted by on Feb. 28, 2013 at 2:12 AM
  • 5 Replies
Any ideas on how to fall asleep? I have 3 kids 5, 3 and a 5month old I take an antidepressant the doctor up the dose to see if it would help it did a little but now I'm back to its almost 11 and I'm wide awak I get up at 530 make hubby breakfast he leaves at 630 I go back to sleep sometimes until 730 when I have to start getting my oldest girl ready for school Im only breastfeeding and co sleep. I have a hard time shutting off my mind so any suggestions would be great thanks
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 28, 2013 at 2:12 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
littlelambe2
by Bronze Member on Feb. 28, 2013 at 2:43 AM
1 mom liked this

I find it helps if I take a technology break for 1-2 hrs before bed. Yeah, I know it's 11:40pm. Lol. But really, I fall asleep faster when my mind isn't all hyped up with the screens before bed. Can you try a relaxing bath, or a hot cup of tea? Some music and a dark space? Sme people fall asleep better with silence, others with some sort of noise form a fan or a fish tank. Is hubby up to giving you a back and shoulder massage while you lay down? I also find it helps if I get in a comfy position, close my eyes, and think of nothing. And if my mind starts racing, I stop it and junk of nothing. I focus on the black dots you see when you close your eyes. Some people think of a relaxing place (beach) or someone they love (focus on their face). Good luck. Hope something helps. 

zoeysannsmom
by on Feb. 28, 2013 at 2:47 AM
Some nights I can get really comfy and fall right to sleep then other nights I just lay in bed or lay in bed and play on iPhone I try and play games until I'm sleepy
littlelambe2
by Bronze Member on Feb. 28, 2013 at 2:50 AM
1 mom liked this

I'm on here now waiting for dh to come to bed :) but usually, I find that once I start fiddling around on my iPad, I tend to stay up way later than I intended to. Sometimes just willing yourself to relax without introducing the mental stimulation is helpful. 

Zazayam
by Nicki on Feb. 28, 2013 at 3:13 AM
1 mom liked this

I have the same problem without the meds. I've just given up and gotten used to running on a couple hours sleep, lol. I'm up til probably 5ish then I start my day at 730. I sometimes take a nap with the baby in the afternoon..

Meditation might help, I can't turn my brain off long enough for it to be any good for me.

justone_jen
by Jen on Feb. 28, 2013 at 4:00 AM
2 moms liked this
I'd skip making your husband lunch, and sleep until the kids wake.

I have anxiety, which really messes with my sleep sometimes. I worry about the most mundane shit, and worse, I worry and can't figure out WHY or what I'm worried about. I am avoiding meds and I do feel that meditation helps. Good luck! Hugs.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN