Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Breastfeeding Moms Breastfeeding Moms

Reusable diapers

Posted by on Feb. 28, 2013 at 9:29 AM
  • 28 Replies
I'm about to buy cloth diapers and needed some advice on which ones,comments on how you like them, washing vs disposable, and do you find the amount you save is worth it?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 28, 2013 at 9:29 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
littlemonaghan
by Bronze Member on Feb. 28, 2013 at 9:30 AM

woo!

We use bumgenius 4.0 diapers and LOVE THEM!

Washing is like nothing. Its so much easier than running to the store when you're out of diapers.

And once you make the initial purpose, you dont have to buy diapers ever again.

I would go into more, but I'm tired. lol. But for now...

BG4.0 diapers. love them. 

lactatingloon
by on Feb. 28, 2013 at 9:36 AM
I love cloth diapering definitely worth the money saved I like wahm diapers www.thelactatingloon.com
SadieJames
by Sarah on Feb. 28, 2013 at 9:56 AM

Get one or two of each kind until you know what you like.  We use prefolds and covers at home and pockets when we go out.  I hate AIO and AI2.  

our wash routine is a scoop of oxyclean and Ecos Free and Clear HE.  Pre wash in cold, hot wash, rinse then second rinse.

MalakbelLacuna
by on Feb. 28, 2013 at 10:25 AM

Well I love cloth and I feel like they are completely worth the initial investment.

I use flats and cover 98 percent of the time. They are so versatile- learning to fold them is so easy. I use pockets when I go out but I am  not a fan of microfiber. 

My wash routine is a rinse. Hot wash with minimum Tide Original powder, and then a final cold rinse. My flats come incredibly without the initial rinse. Only time I do the first rinse is when I have microfiber inserts in there.

TTC2Long
by on Feb. 28, 2013 at 10:36 AM
Join one or two of the cd groups here and read their faq stickies. My fav group is Cuties with Cloth Booties, but there are other good ones, too. :) I know Cloth Diapering Mamas has an excellent faq sticky. Both also have forums for buying and selling new and used diapers so you can try different styles/brands/makers for less while you figure out what works for you.

Unfortunately, if you ask what everyone's favorite is, you'll never get a clear winner. It's personal to the mama and baby - thick thighs fit differently in dipes than skinny legs, some babies tinkle small amounts all day, some save it up and flood, some are sensitive to certain materials, etc. Same with wash routines which vary by water hardness, machine type, quality and age, poop type and sensitivities to detergents.

But don't let all that deter you! Jump in! You'll figure out what works, sell some off, buy some more and have fun doing it! :)
MaryJarrett
by Mary on Feb. 28, 2013 at 10:59 AM
I would suggest joining cuties with cloth booties.

I personally LOVE work at home mom diapers. High quality, great prices, one of a kind diapers, and knowing who you are supporting. Fluffity Fluff is my favorite WAHM.
http://hyenacart.com/stores/fluffityfluffdiapers/
I also adore Designs By Cace. She's in cuties.

As for great prices on starter diapers I love buying Alva pockets from a co-op. Stacey's Alva Baby Co-op on Facebook is my go to. You can save a TON of money buying in bulk. I like to have about 30 diapers total. And about 60-75 cloth wipes.
https://www.facebook.com/groups/staceyalvacoop/
PolishMamma2
by Marta on Feb. 28, 2013 at 11:16 AM

I use Kawaii. I love them. I dont see any difference but the price between Kawaii and the bigger brand CD's         theluvyourbaby.com     thats there web site.   There most pricy dippers cost around $13 where the other brands go for around $20.   I got there Bamboo set and a few of the over night heavy wetters. I dont have one complaint.

PolishMamma2
by Marta on Feb. 28, 2013 at 11:17 AM

Check out Cuties with Cloth Butties on cafemom....

Junebaby18
by Nannerz on Feb. 28, 2013 at 3:12 PM
I'm starting out cloth diapering my dd too, but I'm sewing my own with old receiving blankets and towels as the middle soaker parts. It's cheaper too.
o0laurie.love0o
by on Feb. 28, 2013 at 6:09 PM
I have a gBaby! (gDiapers)

I wash them in warm with cold rinse and free/clear detergent. Pretty much the same as all of our clothes. Easy peasy. :)
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)