Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Breastfeeding Moms Breastfeeding Moms

Quick night weaning advice

Posted by on Feb. 28, 2013 at 9:35 AM
  • 3 Replies
Hi! I'm 13 weeks pregnant & still nursing my 15 month old son but only at night & during nap time..(.we co-sleep so its kind of like an all night, all you can eat buffet for him!!! ) I've nursed while pregnant with my first few babies & never had any problems...however, A few of my subsequent pregnancies were complicated & I ended up giving birth much too early... I've been given progesterone shots for the last 3 babies so we have the premature labor issue under control... But my dr thinks its still too risky to continue nursing him... She said not to abruptly stop but gave me a month to gradually wean him... That was two weeks ago & things aren't going in the right direction.. He's currently cutting a few teeth & now wants to nurse all night long!!! He will take a bottle of milk during the day but at night he just wants the real deal... Dh has tried to help several times but all we end up with is a screeching, furious baby... Does anyone have any suggestions?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 28, 2013 at 9:35 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
maggiemom2000
by Ruby Member on Feb. 28, 2013 at 10:13 AM
Momof8kiddies
by on Feb. 28, 2013 at 3:16 PM
Thank you so much Maggiemom!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
luna321
by on Mar. 1, 2013 at 12:56 AM
1 mom liked this
This was my advice too. I keep meaning to try this with my 2-year-old son.
Quoting maggiemom2000:

The info in this article really helped me to nightwean my toddler! http://www.drjaygordon.com/wp-content/cache/supercache/drjaygordon.com/attachment/sleeppattern.html/index.html

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)