Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Breastfeeding Moms Breastfeeding Moms

driving me crazy!!

Posted by on Feb. 28, 2013 at 9:56 AM
  • 2 Replies

My son is 29 months and is still BFd. I just found out 2 wks ago that I'm pregnant, and since then, things have gone nuts! My boobs are a little sore, so it hurts when he latches on, and then, he's back and forth nursing on one side for 5 minutes, then the other side for another 5 minutes, then wants to switch back for another 5 minutes, then the other side for another 5 minutes! It's like he doesn't feel like he is getting enough or something! Is my supply lessening this early?! I'm only 6 1/2 wks pregnant...  Or could he remember 5 months ago, when I was pregnant, but when I started bleeding I was told to stop BFing him so I did, and he is panicking that I'll do that again?? I ended up miscarrying, so after that happened I started to nurse him again...

by on Feb. 28, 2013 at 9:56 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
mostlymaydays
by Group Mod-Stacy on Feb. 28, 2013 at 11:28 AM
At 29 months you can expect that he should be able to respect some boundaries. Tell him only 5 minutes, or only in a special chair. Whatever you need to do to preserve the relationship there, whether it includes breastfeeding or not. You don't want your skin crawling so bad that you resent him.

Id be a bit surprised if your early pregnancy is affecting your supply now, though hormones are so variable it's certainly possible. He's at that age where he's starting to try to separate but still needs to keep checking in with you for that security, so I doubt he remembers being temporarily weaned a while ago. Unless you've been on pelvic rest and warned against orgasm and nipple stimulation, with a history of preterm contractions, then its extremely unlikely nursing your ds there will have any effect on the pregnancy. The miscarriage was sadly, just one of those awful things.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
PolishMamma2
by Marta on Mar. 1, 2013 at 1:47 AM

He's probably just being a toddler, your picking up on stuff more because your sensitive right now. Although the hormones are there so maybe the milk did change...

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN