Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Breastfeeding Moms Breastfeeding Moms

My sister is getting me...

Posted by on Feb. 28, 2013 at 11:34 AM
  • 21 Replies

an "uddercover" (lol) from http://www.uddercovers.com/... She received a deal via e-mail from something she signed up for. She bought a carseat and it comes with a discount code for a nursing cover and something else. She doesn't want to breastfeed (I gave up long ago trying to talk her into it), so she asked me if I wanted a nursing cover.

I'm excited! One less thing for me to look for!!

by on Feb. 28, 2013 at 11:34 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
shortyali
by Alicia on Feb. 28, 2013 at 11:41 AM
1 mom liked this
You may still want to look for one if you want a cover. I got one with my first baby, washed it the second time I used it because he spit up all over it and it shrunk to the size of a hand towel. I followed their waging instructions to a T and their customer service told me to bad so sad in an email. That it was my fault and their product really isn't meant to be washed ever.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
jean_marie1987
by Bronze Member on Feb. 28, 2013 at 11:43 AM
1 mom liked this

Never meant to be washed??? Gross... I think you should have talked to a manager or someone... That sounds like someone who just didn't want to deal with you.

Quoting shortyali:

You may still want to look for one if you want a cover. I got one with my first baby, washed it the second time I used it because he spit up all over it and it shrunk to the size of a hand towel. I followed their waging instructions to a T and their customer service told me to bad so sad in an email. That it was my fault and their product really isn't meant to be washed ever.

MonicaV1982
by on Feb. 28, 2013 at 11:44 AM

It's nice to know that she was thinking of you. :) While I can respect someone being honest about their choices I just don't get why a mom wouldn't want to. At least she's not pulling the "I tried, but couldn't do it" card. :)

jean_marie1987
by Bronze Member on Feb. 28, 2013 at 11:47 AM

She decided to not even try when she had her first kiddo (now two years old), and I tried talking her into at least trying when she found out she was pregnant this time (due in May), but she didn't want to hear it this time either.

I honestly think part of her reasons are my fault. She was helping us out for the first two months of DS's life, and I struggled with BFing so much that I broke down in tears numerous times. I ended up getting a pump to keep BFing, and finally tried breast again after two months.

I think the struggle may have frightened her quite a bit - and I still feel terrible that I may have had a hand in her choice.

Quoting MonicaV1982:

It's nice to know that she was thinking of you. :) While I can respect someone being honest about their choices I just don't get why a mom wouldn't want to. At least she's not pulling the "I tried, but couldn't do it" card. :)

shortyali
by Alicia on Feb. 28, 2013 at 11:51 AM
It supposedly was the manager that emailed me. I told him fine, he wants to not be helpful in any way, I will make it a point to tell everyone I know how crappy their product is. He told me to iron it out but that didn't work at all, what I ended up with was a nicely pressed cape for my son when he got older.

With my second I made one for about $5 and still use it now with my 3rd if I'm at my dads house, otherwise I just do the 2-shirt method when out and nothing shows at all.

Quoting jean_marie1987:

Never meant to be washed??? Gross... I think you should have talked to a manager or someone... That sounds like someone who just didn't want to deal with you.

Quoting shortyali:

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
jean_marie1987
by Bronze Member on Feb. 28, 2013 at 11:54 AM

What a terrible manager!

I thought about making one, but I reconsidered for now...

Quoting shortyali:

It supposedly was the manager that emailed me. I told him fine, he wants to not be helpful in any way, I will make it a point to tell everyone I know how crappy their product is. He told me to iron it out but that didn't work at all, what I ended up with was a nicely pressed cape for my son when he got older.

With my second I made one for about $5 and still use it now with my 3rd if I'm at my dads house, otherwise I just do the 2-shirt method when out and nothing shows at all.

Quoting jean_marie1987:

Quoting shortyali:

MonicaV1982
by on Feb. 28, 2013 at 12:30 PM

Is she still pregnant? Maybe you and her could hang out and you could nurse her in a wrap, sling, or mei tei non chalantly and show her that it doesn't have to be complicated. Have you invited her to a LLL meeting to meet other BF moms? I mean her choice ishers of course. This just sounds like of those situations where the person makes a decision based on prior experiece (or what they see happening) and later when they find out something different they say they wish someone would have  told them.

Quoting jean_marie1987:

She decided to not even try when she had her first kiddo (now two years old), and I tried talking her into at least trying when she found out she was pregnant this time (due in May), but she didn't want to hear it this time either.

I honestly think part of her reasons are my fault. She was helping us out for the first two months of DS's life, and I struggled with BFing so much that I broke down in tears numerous times. I ended up getting a pump to keep BFing, and finally tried breast again after two months.

I think the struggle may have frightened her quite a bit - and I still feel terrible that I may have had a hand in her choice.

Quoting MonicaV1982:

mamabens
by Miranda on Feb. 28, 2013 at 12:31 PM
1 mom liked this

I'd get a spare if your sure you'll  need it, I  used one once and said screw it. Lol their products( nursing covers and slings) are poor quality. 

notjstanothrmom
by Bronze Member on Feb. 28, 2013 at 12:32 PM

Yeah, they are junk. :/ They are ALWAYS free. Always. Same with seven slings and some other car seat cover thing.

Quoting jean_marie1987:

Quoting shortyali:

MonicaV1982
by on Feb. 28, 2013 at 12:41 PM

you didn't like the sevenslings? My SIL got one and I couldn't figure it out!

Quoting notjstanothrmom:

Yeah, they are junk. :/ They are ALWAYS free. Always. Same with seven slings and some other car seat cover thing.

Quoting jean_marie1987:

Quoting shortyali:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN