Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Help please!

Posted by on Feb. 28, 2013 at 1:16 PM
  • 3 Replies
My son has been crying almost constantly for 12 hours. I can barely get him to latch but when he does its only for a couple minutes. He is very gassy. Should I give him a bottle so he at least has something in his belly? Normally daddy gives him a bottle a day but he is at work. It would be my milk in the bottle. Oh and him not eating this long is really bad since at 6 weeks old he is still below birth weight. We are going to an ent tomorrow. But he has never refused to eat for this long.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 28, 2013 at 1:16 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
SewingMamaLele
by Leanne on Feb. 28, 2013 at 1:28 PM

I looked back through your posts... lack of gain and crying a lot... have you explored a possible allergy/intollerance?    Dairy being the most common.  

OAL is also possible with the gas... but the lack of gain just points to an intollerance to me.

And if he'll take a bottle, then I would personally give him one.  But, the biggest thing is to figure out why he's fighting nursing so that this doesn't keep happening.  

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
xredstarsx
by Bronze Member on Feb. 28, 2013 at 1:50 PM
I am really hoping the ent tomorrow helps. Besides looking at tongue/lip tie, he is an allergist so I should get some answers.

Quoting SewingMamaLele:

I looked back through your posts... lack of gain and crying a lot... have you explored a possible allergy/intollerance?    Dairy being the most common.  

OAL is also possible with the gas... but the lack of gain just points to an intollerance to me.

And if he'll take a bottle, then I would personally give him one.  But, the biggest thing is to figure out why he's fighting nursing so that this doesn't keep happening.  

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Eliots_momma
by Jessica on Feb. 28, 2013 at 2:49 PM
I hope your appt tomorrow helps!!!

One thing that helped mine calm down and nurse was laid back nursing. He also loved nursing while we took a bath together.

I think I would give him a bottle. Poor baby needs to eat. Maybe try a cup or a SNS if you have one.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)