Hello everyone! I'm Mari mother of 2. I'm new to the whole breastfeeding thing. DD #1 was ff. I know I know not a good choice. I wanted so bad to breast feed her but she wouldn't take. We even worked with a Laction for weeks and nothing. Plus I had a c-section, my mother kept saying I had postpartum depression when it was baby blues because I couldn't breast feed and felt like a failure! My mother always mad me feel worse. Every time DD got fussy or upset she'd make snide comments saying it was because we weren't breast feeding. I know I shouldn't make excuses but nobody writes you a book about how things will be. So I did what I could and what I felt was best.
So when I got pregnant with DD #2 I told myself we'd try harder and we did. Plus I had a successful VBAC which made the transition easier (for me) and a much better support group encouraging me to keep trying! DD and I have been successfully breast feeding for 4 weeks now! But I do still have some questions!
1. How long is expressed milk good for?
2. How do you deal with very leaky breasts?
3. When you pump should you pump when, your just engorged or just to help keep up supply?
4. When you pump should you keep some what of a schedule or only pump when you feel the need to, like when you leave to go out (without baby like just you time)
5. What type of bottle works best for when babies not on breast? (Not for formula)
6. What do you do if baby prefers one breast over the other?
I've done some research on my own but I trust you cafe moms more because you always have better advice and more experience than any of these articles!
on Feb. 28, 2013 at 2:47 PM