Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Breastfeeding Moms Breastfeeding Moms

What's your favorite baby carrier for your 20 lb + baby?

Posted by on Feb. 28, 2013 at 2:50 PM
  • 50 Replies
DS is 9 months old and almost 22 lbs, so our Boba wrap doesn't really cut it anymore. I absolutely loved it. I want to get something else, like Ergo or the Boba 3G, but I know there are also a ton more out there! I want to be able to nurse him, carry him around comfortably and have something easy to put on. And have it last as he gains weight. I have a Hot Sling from a few years ago when my DD was little, but I don't really like it. And I have a Mamas and Papas carrier that has 2 harnesses, one for me and one for DH. We HATE it. It hurts my back and I don't feel like it is good for DS's hips. Any suggestions would be great! What do you love?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 28, 2013 at 2:50 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
kiki2382
by on Feb. 28, 2013 at 3:21 PM
Loving the beco butterfly!
audmom1218
by Silver Member on Feb. 28, 2013 at 3:42 PM
For quick/short cleaning, etc or dad to use -infantino mei tai. For grocery shopping/rummage sales/walks around the neighborhood - woven wrap (although I've only done the basic x carry)

Dd is 24lb at 14 mo
jackiewal10
by Silver Member on Feb. 28, 2013 at 3:44 PM

The only thing I have besides my Sleepy Wrap is an Ergo.  I have no problems with it.  I've never tried anything else.  I can even put my almost 5 year old in it since he is still under the weight limit.

MommyJill87
by Jill on Feb. 28, 2013 at 3:57 PM
ERGO
SewingMamaLele
by Leanne on Feb. 28, 2013 at 4:02 PM

Ergo or Boba.  Definitely our choice for the long haul.   I think the next best alternative is a woven wrap... if you've liked your boba wrap, a woven wrap may be the next best thing for you!   :)

hriabywx4
by Bronze Member on Feb. 28, 2013 at 4:02 PM
Ergo. I wore my 5 yr old in the back carry when I first got it. LO is now 15 months, 22 lbs and we do front and back carries. I still nurse in it.
notjstanothrmom
by Bronze Member on Feb. 28, 2013 at 4:04 PM
Beco Butterfly 2 hands down. Like the Ergo and Boba but had an internal panel that let's you do a back carry without a circus act because baby is secure in the carrier.

If you like that carrier buy it now though because it's retiring. :(
MalakbelLacuna
by on Feb. 28, 2013 at 4:07 PM

I have a mei tai. Abby is only around 14 pounds but it is the most comfortable carrier ever. the weight is distributed perfectly.

Brooked18
by on Feb. 28, 2013 at 4:18 PM

This Is a great question!!! My little guy is 19 1/2 lbs and the carrier I have hurts my back si cleaning the house with him in it isn't a good idea and cleaning the house without holding him is not an option

YzmaRocks
by Silver Member on Feb. 28, 2013 at 4:30 PM
Ergo
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)