Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Breastfeeding Moms Breastfeeding Moms

Guilt??

Posted by on Mar. 2, 2013 at 9:51 PM
  • 8 Replies
So, im going through what feels like guilt. But I dont want to start nursing again! Really truly dont! Markus (17 months) is still asking a lot and he hasn't nursed in over a month. I tell him no because I don't want to get back into that but I also feel guilty.

Just my "diary input" for today.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Mar. 2, 2013 at 9:51 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
Precious333
by Group Mod-Julia on Mar. 2, 2013 at 10:00 PM
I would NOT go back and forth with weaning. I did that before with my oldest. I weaned him because being touched out was more than i could.handle. After a month i missed it ans wished i hadnt so i started to nurse him again and after day two i couldnt handle it anymore, so i had to weab again, and tha just wasnt fair to him. So whatever your decision is, stick to it. Also, there are other ways for him to get comfort too, it just takes an adjustment for you both. If you do decide you actually werent done, than really make the commitment to stick to your decision.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
SuperMom2433
by on Mar. 2, 2013 at 10:09 PM
Oh im done! For sure, for sure. I just feel guilty because im constantly telling him no and offering other things, distracting him. But it's only at night. So distracting is hard. Especially at 3-4am. I keep telling him no and give him his sippy cup. He takes it and eventually goes to sleep. I just feel bad in a way.

Quoting Precious333:

I would NOT go back and forth with weaning. I did that before with my oldest. I weaned him because being touched out was more than i could.handle. After a month i missed it ans wished i hadnt so i started to nurse him again and after day two i couldnt handle it anymore, so i had to weab again, and tha just wasnt fair to him. So whatever your decision is, stick to it. Also, there are other ways for him to get comfort too, it just takes an adjustment for you both. If you do decide you actually werent done, than really make the commitment to stick to your decision.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Precious333
by Group Mod-Julia on Mar. 2, 2013 at 10:16 PM
Hugs, i know :(

Quoting SuperMom2433:

Oh im done! For sure, for sure. I just feel guilty because im constantly telling him no and offering other things, distracting him. But it's only at night. So distracting is hard. Especially at 3-4am. I keep telling him no and give him his sippy cup. He takes it and eventually goes to sleep. I just feel bad in a way.

Quoting Precious333:

SuperMom2433
by on Mar. 2, 2013 at 10:28 PM
This too shall pass, right?

Quoting Precious333:

Quoting SuperMom2433:

Quoting Precious333:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Precious333
by Group Mod-Julia on Mar. 2, 2013 at 10:32 PM
Yes :) is there another treat he likes? Like yogurt or somethinf that you can save for the times he asks more often?

Quoting SuperMom2433:

Quoting Precious333:

Quoting SuperMom2433:

Quoting Precious333:

SuperMom2433
by on Mar. 2, 2013 at 10:33 PM
Of course. But like I said its only at night, so it's usually really really early in the morning.

Quoting Precious333:

Yes :) is there another treat he likes? Like yogurt or somethinf that you can save for the times he asks more often?

Quoting SuperMom2433:

Quoting Precious333:

Quoting SuperMom2433:

Quoting Precious333:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
gdiamante
by Group Mod - Gina on Mar. 3, 2013 at 12:53 PM

It is the one hazard of mom leading the weaning. But continue as you have. If you have another child, you might decide to do things differently.

Guilt is only of value if you killed something. Is anything dead? No? Then stop wasting your emotional energy on guilt. **grin**

tabi_cat1023
by Group Mod - Tabitha on Mar. 3, 2013 at 12:59 PM
HUGS momma, if you are done, then be done. Tell him they are broken
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN