Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Breastfeeding Moms Breastfeeding Moms

My daughter doesn't want to nurse from 4:30-8:00 p.m.

Posted by on Mar. 2, 2013 at 9:57 PM
  • 7 Replies

Seriously, it's like clockwork.  She gets SUPER fussy starting around 4:30 p.m.  She will latch on for like a minute or two and then take herself off and just cry.  I was starting to wonder if there was something wrong, like something I am eating or because of my oversupply/letdown issues.  However, I noticed if I just leave her alone, she will sleep from 4:30 to about 8:00 without wanting to wake to nurse, maybe once if I catch her while she is still super sleepy.  She is so odd. I've never had a baby do this.  It hurts my boobs though if she doesn't wake to nurse once during that period because before that she nurses like every 1-2 hours.  BTW, she is 2 weeks old.

by on Mar. 2, 2013 at 9:57 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
MusherMaggie
by Platinum Member on Mar. 2, 2013 at 10:00 PM
Does she take any other naps? Does she nurse through the night? How many diapers is she going through during the day?

Margarett RBC Zavodnyteal ribbon

PEEK05
by on Mar. 2, 2013 at 10:02 PM

She still sleeps like all day but is awake usually for an hour or two in the morning and then again for an hour two in the evening after waking up at 8.  Otherwise she sleeps, wakes to change diaper and nurse, and then goes to bed like 5 minutes later lol about every one to two hours. She nurses about 3ish times at night. She goes through a million diapers a day, both pee and poop so I'm not worried about supply as of the moment. :)

Quoting MusherMaggie:

Does she take any other maps? Does she nurse through the night? How many diapers is she going through during the day?

PolishMamma2
by Marta on Mar. 2, 2013 at 10:03 PM

Every baby is Different. I would say just let her sleep, as long as her diaper count is fine and she is gaining weight then she is ok. Honestly  your lucky alot of babies like to cluster feed around the afternoon through the evening time. Im sure it will change when she gets older.

PEEK05
by on Mar. 2, 2013 at 10:05 PM

Oh yeah, weight gain is tremendous.  She was born 7 pounds 11 ounces, 19 1/2", lowest 7 pounds 1 ounce.  At 14 days old, she was 8 pounds 7 ounces and 21 1/4" so she's growing great! :)

Quoting PolishMamma2:

Every baby is Different. I would say just let her sleep, as long as her diaper count is fine and she is gaining weight then she is ok. Honestly  your lucky alot of babies like to cluster feed around the afternoon through the evening time. Im sure it will change when she gets older.

PolishMamma2
by Marta on Mar. 2, 2013 at 10:12 PM
2 moms liked this

Oh thats awesome. Good just let her sleep. Enjoy it! Do some laundrey, lol,,,   ; )

Quoting PEEK05:

Oh yeah, weight gain is tremendous.  She was born 7 pounds 11 ounces, 19 1/2", lowest 7 pounds 1 ounce.  At 14 days old, she was 8 pounds 7 ounces and 21 1/4" so she's growing great! :)

Quoting PolishMamma2:

Zazayam
by Nicki on Mar. 2, 2013 at 10:48 PM

Mine did that at about those times too. Maybe pump halfway through her big nap to relieve some pressure?

gdiamante
by Group Mod - Gina on Mar. 3, 2013 at 12:54 PM

Just leave her be. If dipes are fine you're good.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN