Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Breastfeeding Moms Breastfeeding Moms

ok....i decided to wean

Posted by on Mar. 3, 2013 at 12:23 PM
  • 14 Replies
I guess i already syarted.the weaning process. I was hoping to keep nursing and let him selfwean, however i just cant handle.nursing during pregnanxy that well. I have nightweaned and set many limits and still am so irritable and touched out. Makes me want to cry when u nurse, makes me want to cry thinking about weanjng too, he loves his boobie so much, but i know for me, this is my limit. This will be the tjird time nursing while pregnant. So, mason will be 30 months this month, Im taking away another nursing session this week. Pray for me!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Mar. 3, 2013 at 12:23 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
shortyali
by Alicia on Mar. 3, 2013 at 12:27 PM
Wtg momma!! I know it's hard but at this point you have to do what's best. One thing I wished I had done when my DD weaned while I was prego was take one last nursing picture with her. I still tear up when I think I no longer have that to look back at. :'(
Precious333
by Group Mod-Julia on Mar. 3, 2013 at 12:28 PM
You're making me cry! I miss it already!!! Man, weaning sucks! I will take a picture for.sure!

Quoting shortyali:

Wtg momma!! I know it's hard but at this point you have to do what's best. One thing I wished I had done when my DD weaned while I was prego was take one last nursing picture with her. I still tear up when I think I no longer have that to look back at. :'(

mjimaging
by Silver Member on Mar. 3, 2013 at 12:32 PM
We are almost done. He still asks and I just say no. I got touched out back in August when he turned three. I probably should take one last pic while I have the chance but I just haven't done it.
tabi_cat1023
by Group Mod - Tabitha on Mar. 3, 2013 at 12:33 PM
HUGS momma. I think basically Asher is weaned, he latches for a matter of 2 minutes once a day...I have no milk. I dont know if he will nurse once milks in or not and he is the one asking to nurse, we shall see. Nursing has gotten ore and more painful as it goes on..I am 18 weeks, was hoping for colostrum soon. Asher will be 3 the end of April
Precious333
by Group Mod-Julia on Mar. 3, 2013 at 12:37 PM
Im going back and foryh on whether i will decide to pick it up later if he asks. I know.i tried with my first and still.felt overwelmed with him nursing. I do have some nipple pain, i can handle the pain just fine, its the touched out aggrivating feeling i cant stand, i still have milk for him, which i think makes.it harder.

Quoting tabi_cat1023:

HUGS momma. I think basically Asher is weaned, he latches for a matter of 2 minutes once a day...I have no milk. I dont know if he will nurse once milks in or not and he is the one asking to nurse, we shall see. Nursing has gotten ore and more painful as it goes on..I am 18 weeks, was hoping for colostrum soon.

Asher will be 3 the end of April

shortyali
by Alicia on Mar. 3, 2013 at 12:41 PM

Aww... I didnt want to make you cry :'(  I really didnt even know she was weaning.  She just decided one night that she was done and that was the end of it.  I kept offering and she kept pushing me away and saying "all gone Momma"  I thought for sure once DS2 was here she would want to nurse again but nope.  I offer and she looks at me like I have 3 heads and giggles while saying no way momma.

Quoting Precious333:

You're making me cry! I miss it already!!! Man, weaning sucks! I will take a picture for.sure!

Quoting shortyali:

cemcnair
by Courtney on Mar. 3, 2013 at 12:45 PM
I'm 38.5 weeks now and Chase just turned 30 months in February. While he still nurses before bed, it's all I can do just for a minute or two. It wasn't so bad during the second trimester, but now I'm just so uncomfortable.
With me being so close, I just couldn't bring myself to cut out that last time since things are going to change when his brother arrives :(
Don't feel bad for cutting down-you've done awesome!
Precious333
by Group Mod-Julia on Mar. 3, 2013 at 1:03 PM
Lol too cute

Quoting shortyali:

Aww... I didnt want to make you cry :'(  I really didnt even know she was weaning.  She just decided one night that she was done and that was the end of it.  I kept offering and she kept pushing me away and saying "all gone Momma"  I thought for sure once DS2 was here she would want to nurse again but nope.  I offer and she looks at me like I have 3 heads and giggles while saying no way momma.

Quoting Precious333:

Quoting shortyali:

Precious333
by Group Mod-Julia on Mar. 3, 2013 at 1:06 PM
If you are going to wait until after baby is born, maybe consider.tandem.nursing for a bit to help with the transition of a new baby. I nurse my first two together for a bit, it did help wiyh the transition of adding a new baby.

Quoting cemcnair:

I'm 38.5 weeks now and Chase just turned 30 months in February. While he still nurses before bed, it's all I can do just for a minute or two. It wasn't so bad during the second trimester, but now I'm just so uncomfortable.

With me being so close, I just couldn't bring myself to cut out that last time since things are going to change when his brother arrives :(

cemcnair
by Courtney on Mar. 3, 2013 at 1:27 PM
1 mom liked this
Yes, I will at least keep the bedtime nursing until he's ready. I'm a little worried that he'll want to nurse more when he sees brother nursing all the time, but I guess we will cross that bridge when we get there.
That's what I was saying though-we made it this long into the pregnancy, I think it would cause more issue to try to completely wean before baby (or even right after). I'm ok with limited tandem nursing :)

But, I don't think you should feel bad about trying to wean your 2.5 to now at all!!!

Quoting Precious333:

If you are going to wait until after baby is born, maybe consider.tandem.nursing for a bit to help with the transition of a new baby. I nurse my first two together for a bit, it did help wiyh the transition of adding a new baby.

Quoting cemcnair:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN