Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Breastfeeding Moms Breastfeeding Moms

What is your Best/Happiest BreastFeeding time?

Posted by   + Show Post

Mine was when my baby went from being  a skinny, sleepy, preemie. To a Beautiful, filled out , Strong boy!

by on Mar. 4, 2013 at 12:58 AM
Replies (41-49):
PolishMamma2
by Marta on Mar. 5, 2013 at 10:26 PM

Thats awesome! I asked my daughter the other night while she was playing with her babydoll if she will breastfeed her baby? She looked at me like I had pink on my face and said Ummm Yeah mom, I do think I will! Like I was just supposed to know that! Lol. I felt like I was talking to a grown up. She act too matture sometimes I swear! I guess thats what I get for asking, Huh? = )

Quoting Starshine-bela:

Don't regret. You learned for the next baby but what's most important, your 6 year old is happy and healthy. I only BF my first for three days and he's now almost 8 and an incredible kid.

Quoting PolishMamma2:

Yeah really formula moms miss out Big time, I dont care how they try to argue it. I know from experience with my 6 year old, and I still have regrets to this day.

Quoting audmom1218:

We've had a lot of favorite stages in the last 14 months. My current fav is when we're winding down for bed and I'm singing lullabyes she will "sing" with her mouth full!  

When she was around 4/6 months she used to grab my hand and rub my thumb over her cheek while she was eating.  Kind of a self-stim/soothing thing but it was so sweet! 

And anyone who tells me formula is easier than breast never has had the pure joy in cuddling up to nurse, putting baby to sleep and having absolutely nothing to clean up afterwards.  I think that may make just has happy as all the cute things DD has done over the past year! 

Starshine-bela
by Leah on Mar. 5, 2013 at 10:28 PM
1 mom liked this
Too cute! You're a great role model for her, when she is all grown and has a baby, she'll breastfeed too.

Quoting PolishMamma2:

Thats awesome! I asked my daughter the other night while she was playing with her babydoll if she will breastfeed her baby? She looked at me like I had pink on my face and said Ummm Yeah mom, I do think I will! Like I was just supposed to know that! Lol. I felt like I was talking to a grown up. She act too matture sometimes I swear! I guess thats what I get for asking, Huh? = )

Quoting Starshine-bela:

Don't regret. You learned for the next baby but what's most important, your 6 year old is happy and healthy. I only BF my first for three days and he's now almost 8 and an incredible kid.

Quoting PolishMamma2:

Yeah really formula moms miss out Big time, I dont care how they try to argue it. I know from experience with my 6 year old, and I still have regrets to this day.

Quoting audmom1218:

We've had a lot of favorite stages in the last 14 months. My current fav is when we're winding down for bed and I'm singing lullabyes she will "sing" with her mouth full!  

When she was around 4/6 months she used to grab my hand and rub my thumb over her cheek while she was eating.  Kind of a self-stim/soothing thing but it was so sweet! 

And anyone who tells me formula is easier than breast never has had the pure joy in cuddling up to nurse, putting baby to sleep and having absolutely nothing to clean up afterwards.  I think that may make just has happy as all the cute things DD has done over the past year! 

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
twinmommy2010
by on Mar. 5, 2013 at 10:36 PM

I wasn't able to breastfeed my son until 8 days after he was born due to health problem with him. First time holding him to. Still going strong 21 months later.

PolishMamma2
by Marta on Mar. 5, 2013 at 10:42 PM

Thats really good. 8 days is long. I had a hard time with my first and she was only in the NICU for 2 days...

Quoting twinmommy2010:

I wasn't able to breastfeed my son until 8 days after he was born due to health problem with him. First time holding him to. Still going strong 21 months later.

kaves
by on Mar. 5, 2013 at 10:43 PM

Haha mostly my girls fight.  It's pretty tricky trying to pin down four wiggle arms!  Most of the time they scratch each other in the face, or poke each other in the eye.  They also reach over and grab my breast out of the other baby's mouth.  It's funny but also a pain when they keep making each other cry! 

Quoting PolishMamma2:

My DH wants twins so bad. I watched a video of twins fighting while they were Bfeeding, it was funny to watch but I know momma has to get tired of it fast, Lol...

Quoting kaves:

One of my favorite things is when I nurse my twins sometimes they will hold hands.  I also really love hearing them gulp down the milk.  I have a pretty strong let down reflex and now that they are a bit older they are pretty good about handling it but they still gulp it down fast. 

twinmommy2010
by on Mar. 5, 2013 at 10:46 PM
1 mom liked this

My son was there for 5 day. It is the scariest place ever. 3 more in the CICU. The doctors were so surprised that he was able to nurse. 

Quoting PolishMamma2:

Thats really good. 8 days is long. I had a hard time with my first and she was only in the NICU for 2 days...

Quoting twinmommy2010:

Journeysmama11
by on Mar. 6, 2013 at 8:45 PM
1 mom liked this

Both my babies did/do this! My daughter was SO loud though that there was NO being discreet with her! lol! My son hums mostly in the early morning and at night when we can nurse laying down. It's the cutest thing!  I LOVE those quiet times together!

Quoting PolishMamma2:

Lol, he acts shocked like he lost it or it will run away, huh... My DS used to humm when he was first born.

Quoting Starshine-bela:

I think my favorite is when he stops nursing and without taking my boob out of his mouth, gives me this huge smile, just for me, saying love you mommy. He also stops to babble at me then gets this shocked expression and turns his head real fast to latch back on and continues to try to babble while nursing. Cracks me up every time. He's 3 months old now.

PolishMamma2
by Marta on Mar. 6, 2013 at 8:51 PM

Yeah, it was really reasuring to me that even at that young he was trying to communicate and show that this is what he wants.

Quoting Journeysmama11:

Both my babies did/do this! My daughter was SO loud though that there was NO being discreet with her! lol! My son hums mostly in the early morning and at night when we can nurse laying down. It's the cutest thing!  I LOVE those quiet times together!

Quoting PolishMamma2:

Lol, he acts shocked like he lost it or it will run away, huh... My DS used to humm when he was first born.

Quoting Starshine-bela:

I think my favorite is when he stops nursing and without taking my boob out of his mouth, gives me this huge smile, just for me, saying love you mommy. He also stops to babble at me then gets this shocked expression and turns his head real fast to latch back on and continues to try to babble while nursing. Cracks me up every time. He's 3 months old now.

aehanrahan
by Group Mod - Amy on Mar. 6, 2013 at 9:52 PM
1 mom liked this
There have been things in every stage that I have loved.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN