Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Breastfeeding Moms Breastfeeding Moms

A tad OT- maya wrap ring sling size

Posted by on Mar. 4, 2013 at 9:58 AM
  • 14 Replies
The size chart says under 5'9" = size medium. I'm only 5'7"... But I'm still on the heavier side. (Around 215 lbs) Should I order a large so I can have a little extra tail for breast feeding modesty?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Mar. 4, 2013 at 9:58 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
SadieJames
by on Mar. 4, 2013 at 10:28 AM
1 mom liked this

I would.  You're not going to be unhappy if its a little long but you won't like it too short, at least that's how I would feel.  I love my ring sling! Is the handiest piece of baby gear I own : )

mostlymaydays
by Group Mod-Stacy on Mar. 4, 2013 at 10:30 AM
1 mom liked this
I'm tiny and the mediums are huge on me but I loved having the extra material. I would flip the tail over my shoulder for more cover or I'd tie the tail into a loose knot, or I'd tuck the tail back under the sling.
Cruz-s-mommy
by Amanda on Mar. 4, 2013 at 10:32 AM
1 mom liked this
I would go with the large. I'm just under 5'9 and 125, i have the large and its tail is long but perfect for me i need that extra length to cover up my giant 18 month old- 30 lbs, 34 inches tall! After he's covered there's nothing left, lol.
jelly.beans
by on Mar. 4, 2013 at 10:35 AM
Do you like it for older babies as well? I've heard it's good for newborns, but I'm going to be using it with a three month old. I have a moby, Mei tai and ergo... But his legs don't stretch out yet which makes the ergo and Mei tai hard to use so far. The moby is just inconvenient to tie and untie to nurse while we're out and about. I've tries just pushing it to the side, but it still gets in the way.

Quoting SadieJames:

I would.  You're not going to be unhappy if its a little long but you won't like it too short, at least that's how I would feel.  I love my ring sling! Is the handiest piece of baby gear I own : )

SadieJames
by on Mar. 4, 2013 at 10:38 AM
1 mom liked this

I don't have an older baby yet : ) dd is only two months... But I workout (read: walk slowly lol) with a neighbor who uses a ring sling with her one year old.  The only issue is that since its only on one shoulder it's not ideal for a long walk.  She uses it for quick trips since its easy to get on/off.

Quoting jelly.beans:

Do you like it for older babies as well? I've heard it's good for newborns, but I'm going to be using it with a three month old. I have a moby, Mei tai and ergo... But his legs don't stretch out yet which makes the ergo and Mei tai hard to use so far. The moby is just inconvenient to tie and untie to nurse while we're out and about. I've tries just pushing it to the side, but it still gets in the way.

Quoting SadieJames:

jelly.beans
by on Mar. 4, 2013 at 10:42 AM
My little guy just turned three months yesterday, but he's a little chunker! Lol! Thanks for the advice!! :)

Quoting SadieJames:

I don't have an older baby yet : ) dd is only two months... But I workout (read: walk slowly lol) with a neighbor who uses a ring sling with her one year old.  The only issue is that since its only on one shoulder it's not ideal for a long walk.  She uses it for quick trips since its easy to get on/off.

Quoting jelly.beans:

Quoting SadieJames:

mostlymaydays
by Group Mod-Stacy on Mar. 4, 2013 at 11:17 AM
My 3 year old still likes to go for sling rides. Granted, she's only 25 lbs, so its like an "older baby" like a one year-old. ;-)

Quoting jelly.beans:

My little guy just turned three months yesterday, but he's a little chunker! Lol! Thanks for the advice!! :)

Quoting SadieJames:

Quoting jelly.beans:

Quoting SadieJames:

jelly.beans
by on Mar. 4, 2013 at 11:54 AM
Oh my goodness! How tiny! My 3 yr old is 42 lbs! Lol!! He's huge for his age though. :)

Quoting mostlymaydays:

My 3 year old still likes to go for sling rides. Granted, she's only 25 lbs, so its like an "older baby" like a one year-old. ;-)

Quoting jelly.beans:

Quoting SadieJames:

Quoting jelly.beans:

Quoting SadieJames:

MalakbelLacuna
by on Mar. 4, 2013 at 11:57 AM
1 mom liked this

I would

also ring slings can be worn on the back as well- look on PaxBaby's channel so its good to order a little extra length!!

MalakbelLacuna
by on Mar. 4, 2013 at 11:59 AM

I have a six month old and I use my mei tai for the most part. Im not a fan of the ring sling for long periods of time. I only use it for Abigail when I go to the bus stop or am running into the store for a gallon of milk or something.

Quoting jelly.beans:

Quoting SadieJames:

Lilypie Breastfeeding tickers

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN