Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Breastfeeding Moms Breastfeeding Moms
That I would have to stop breastfeeding (except for some night comfort feeding) to get my period and be able to have another baby. And even then it usually takes 3 MONTHS after to get a period! I dont want to wean yet but I'd like to have my 2nd and last baby ASAP and then possibly get my tubes tied.

Did it take you 3 months to get a period after you stopped nursing??

(My LO is 7 months)

Edit: I am also considering weaning because we have had thrush for the whole 7 months that we have treated with everything without success and he is biting me now that he has teeth.
Edit again: This is not my regular doctor, my midwife is on maternity leave until March.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Mar. 4, 2013 at 12:25 PM
Replies (81-88):
kitty8199
by on Mar. 5, 2013 at 10:08 AM
1 mom liked this
Use coconut oil for thrush
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mrs.Sells
by on Mar. 5, 2013 at 12:36 PM

I pumped for 14 months and still haven't gotten my period back 6 weeks later. It's different for everyone. 

piwife
by on Mar. 5, 2013 at 12:39 PM
I have 3 friends that got pregnant while nursing and no period. As fdor thrush what are you doing for it?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
harveysmom713
by Member on Mar. 5, 2013 at 1:34 PM
1 mom liked this

My period returned when my 2 year old was 1 year and I got pregnant again 3 months later. I didn't wean or even back off of breastfeeding. I would wait and talk to your regular midwife.

azaleas.mommy
by on Mar. 5, 2013 at 3:19 PM

You will get pregant when it is time, and when my baby girl bit me I flicked her nose and she never did it again.  Also I pressed her nose into my breast to get her to release if she tried again, she hated that.  We nursed for 25 months.  Don't bring attention to it, if you associate the biting to something they don't like they will stop. 

gdiamante
by Group Mod - Gina on Mar. 5, 2013 at 11:27 PM

It's pretty cmmon to see permanent changes in your cycle after birth. I've mentioned in a thread or two that pre-baby I had 35-45 day cycles, never the same thing twice. But now... once a month like clockwork. And I've often seen other moms who WERE regular go permanently to irregular cycles.

So don't look for regulation, really. When your body is ready to support another pregnancy you will get pregnant. (One of my best friends go pregnant at SIX WEEKS postpartum. Irish twins. And she doesn't recommend it... she says three years between babies was perfect, less than that was AWFUL because she never got to enjoy the middle child).

Just don't do anything to prevent pregnancy. We've seen plenty of moms get pregnant while nursing, go through the pregnancy and then nurse two.

Ohh I see.. I did go into premature labor twice at 33 weeks but I did not have him at 35 weeks (another woman in the same thread did)... He ended up coming 5 days past his due date.
What I mean by having another baby asap is that I want my period now so that it has time to regulate and once DS turns 1 I would like to immediately get pregnant.. Thats only 12 months for my body to heal instead of 24, I know.. But I am not considering weaning him so I can get pregnant next month, I just want everything to have time to regulate.

Sunshine71980
by on Mar. 5, 2013 at 11:36 PM
1 mom liked this

I'm nursing my 15 month old and I'm 17 weeks pregnant.  My body decided one night of DD sleeping a 4 hour stretch was a sign that it was ready to possibly get pregnant again... so my first period was at 10 months PP and I had a 2nd period 40 days later and then got pregnant.

I personally would wait till your first is closer to 1 yr old so that if you suffer from morning sickness or your body is struggling to give nourishment to the new little one AND produce enough milk, you could wean and skip formula.  Some women can nurse throughout thier pregnancy without any probblems but I know that between morning sickness (more like all-day sickness) and the exhaustion of first trimester, my milk production dropped significantly and I couldn't get it to go back up even with extra water, lactation cookies, and mothers milk tea.  Good Luck!

lizzieiguana
by on Mar. 6, 2013 at 2:49 AM

BS if you haven't already been told that.

Thrush - There's a homeopathic that will work for that (I just don't know the name of it off the top ofmy head!)

Biting - pull him into your breast so he has to open his mouth wider. Also, make a sandwich of your breast to help him latch better. Also, unlatch him (use scissors technique, and speak softly before you do it, tell him what you need him to do, and what you want him to do after that)  and help him relatch.

La Leche League will help with the weaning process - whether you need to go through it or not.

but the bit about getting your period back is utter bs. Women have gotten pregnant RIGHT AFTER GIVING BIRTH for goodness sake!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)