Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

DD is 2.5wks old for the past week & a half she seems to feed every 2hrs during the day + rarely naps, & at night she eats/goes down around 7 eats around 11, 2, 6, & then gets up around 10... so I really can't complain. I literally just started pumping to get a supply for when I go back to work so I don't have any "extras" I can give her.

Today she has wanted to be latched on just about every hour... I did our whole night routine & fed her from 7-745, burped + rocked her for 20 minutes & put her down she started crying so I got her up & she was rooting & sucking so I fed her again from 810-915 & changed her... again burped + rocked her till she fell asleep put her down at 930 & by 940 she was screaming again... I've tried the pacifier, swing, vibrating seat, laying her on her belly across my lap, & anything else I can think of.

Any tips would be greatly appreciated, I'm a first time mom that's all out of ideas :( Thank you!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Mar. 4, 2013 at 10:05 PM
Replies (11-12):
MusherMaggie
by Platinum Member on Mar. 6, 2013 at 2:18 PM
Normal. She's heading into the three-week growth spurt and is building your supply. How soon do you have to go back to work? She will only need 1-1.5 ounces for each hour you're away. Kellymom.com has excellent information on pumping, and especially how to bottlefeed the breastfed babies.
fiiasco
by Member on Mar. 6, 2013 at 3:20 PM
Thank you! I go back the beginning of April, when she's 6wks, so I'm starting now since I'll be working 12hr shifts 2-3 nights a week.

Quoting MusherMaggie:

Normal. She's heading into the three-week growth spurt and is building your supply. How soon do you have to go back to work? She will only need 1-1.5 ounces for each hour you're away. Kellymom.com has excellent information on pumping, and especially how to bottlefeed the breastfed babies.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)