Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Breastfeeding Moms Breastfeeding Moms

Gerber prefold????

Posted by on Mar. 4, 2013 at 10:44 PM
  • 28 Replies

i know some of you use cloth diapers. so i need some insite. i got gerber premiun 6ply cloth diaper prefold at my baby shower. they say 100% cotton and 14"x20". i was wondering how well they work? has any one had any experiance good or bad with them? should i return them or keep them? any advice would be helpful. 

by on Mar. 4, 2013 at 10:44 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
TTC2Long
by on Mar. 4, 2013 at 10:47 PM
2 moms liked this
They are pretty useless as cloth diapers. They work much better as burp cloths, post partum pads or in your bra if you're a heavy leaker.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
MamaTwinkleA
by Member on Mar. 4, 2013 at 10:49 PM
If they are the ones that look like cheesecloth don't bother. They are utterly useless. Great burp raps though, or snot rags. :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jackiewal10
by Silver Member on Mar. 4, 2013 at 10:52 PM

I would keep them, but not to use as a diaper.  The Gerber prefolds don't make good diapers.  But they make excellet burp cloths, "oh shit" mess wiper-upers (LOL), spit up catcher, etc.  They're nice and soft.

PolishMamma2
by Marta on Mar. 4, 2013 at 10:53 PM

OH man RETURN!!!   They are so hard I wouldnt wash my car with them, Wouldnt want to scratch it, Lol.  I cloth diaper and use Kawaii diapers. They are good diapers with a awesome price.   Check them out,,,,             luvyourbaby.com

TTC2Long
by on Mar. 4, 2013 at 10:53 PM
LOL. "Oh Shit!" cloths. Gerber should put that on the label!

Quoting jackiewal10:

I would keep them, but not to use as a diaper.  The Gerber prefolds don't make good diapers.  But they make excellet burp cloths, "oh shit" mess wiper-upers (LOL), spit up catcher, etc.  They're nice and soft.

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Peytonsmommy310
by on Mar. 4, 2013 at 10:55 PM
I agree with pp you might as well use a piece of Kleenex as far as absorbancy..but great for quick mess clean ups or as spit.cloths
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
maggiemom2000
by Ruby Member on Mar. 4, 2013 at 10:58 PM
1 mom liked this

Those are burp cloths. Good for cleaning rags later on :-)

Poke around here to see what "real" cloth diapers are http://www.cottonbabies.com

thundersky
by Bronze Member on Mar. 4, 2013 at 11:02 PM

thanks for the input you guys. i will be returning them and have already ordered green mountain prefold diapers. what do you suggest for cheap, easy covers. i'm looking at econobums and thirsty duo wraps.

cjsix
by Member on Mar. 4, 2013 at 11:10 PM

Quoting thundersky:

thanks for the input you guys. i will be returning them and have already ordered green mountain prefold diapers. what do you suggest for cheap, easy covers. i'm looking at econobums and thirsty duo wraps.

You know before they had all the fancy smancy expensive cloth diapers they had Gerber prefolds. Thousands of babies grew up wearing them and including mine and they work very well! I have six children and never once had a problem with my Gerber prefolds. I had many of them that went through at least three or four of mine before starting to wear out and needing replacing...even then they worked very well as liners inside of another one as the kids got a little bigger.

By the way the Gerber flatfold diapers work extremely well for a newborn as they are easy to fold small enough,for that tiny little bum. Once they get a little bigger you can fold two of them together and then as they grow use them folded to about 3"x8" to line another diaper.

jackiewal10
by Silver Member on Mar. 4, 2013 at 11:37 PM

Quoting cjsix:

Quoting thundersky:

You know before they had all the fancy smancy expensive cloth diapers they had Gerber prefolds. Thousands of babies grew up wearing them and including mine and they work very well! I have six children and never once had a problem with my Gerber prefolds. I had many of them that went through at least three or four of mine before starting to wear out and needing replacing...even then they worked very well as liners inside of another one as the kids got a little bigger.

By the way the Gerber flatfold diapers work extremely well for a newborn as they are easy to fold small enough,for that tiny little bum. Once they get a little bigger you can fold two of them together and then as they grow use them folded to about 3"x8" to line another diaper.

Yep, they did.  And the quality was WAY WAY WAY different.  My parents still have some of the Gerber prefolds that my sisters and I used.  They are SO thick and still absorb.  Nothing like today's.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)