Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Breastfeeding Moms Breastfeeding Moms

i know some of you use cloth diapers. so i need some insite. i got gerber premiun 6ply cloth diaper prefold at my baby shower. they say 100% cotton and 14"x20". i was wondering how well they work? has any one had any experiance good or bad with them? should i return them or keep them? any advice would be helpful. 

by on Mar. 4, 2013 at 10:44 PM
Replies (21-28):
MommyO2-6631
by Leslie on Mar. 5, 2013 at 7:41 AM
They're kind of expensive.... but if they work well i'd like 3-4 so i can use disposable inserts when i go on day trips or at grandmas

Quoting BabyPink07:

Love my Charlie banana's :)

Quoting MommyO2-6631:

Check out cuties with cloth booties too... they have lot of gently used cloth diapers for sale. I just bought my first one from target... charlie banana brand. Haven't tried it yet.... i'm gonna have to strip it today so we can test it out.

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Tckosdk.2012
by Bronze Member on Mar. 5, 2013 at 8:57 AM

I use those as burp cloths & to clean up any messes baby makes (spit up, drool, baby food mess etc.) Hang on to them because even when baby is all grown up you can use them as dust rags.

catholicmamamia
by on Mar. 5, 2013 at 10:42 PM

I think they are great.. as burp cloths and dust cloths!  :o) 

Crunchy Moms ~ La Leche League ~ Natural Family Planning
                     ♥♥♥♥ Click the title to join us in these great groups ♥♥♥

lizzieiguana
by on Mar. 6, 2013 at 3:07 AM

use. rinse right away. wash that night. repeat.

If you want to avoid a chemical/petroleum bath for your baby to sit in, cloth is the way to go. All disposables have chemicals/petrolum ingredients. Not one that doesn't that I have read about. Cloth is reusable - and if you take care of it, it will take care of your baby.

You should use a single diaper instead of 'packing' so that when your baby is wet you immediately change them.

You should plan to have 24 diapers for 2 days - maybe a few more depending on how quickly they pee.

you don't need rubber/plastic covers if you are with your baby and in the house. you'll know faster when your baby is wet and get them clean in a jiffy.

then too, there is elimination communication. Blessed knowledge for those who can help their babies like this. Babies don't LIKE to wet themselves which is why they usually cry when they do. They know it isn't clean.

I'd keep them. In fact, if you got rid of them, I"d ask you to send them to me. Most of mine are hand-me-downs and they're falling apart. : | Not everyone takes as good a care of them as they need to have done. they'll last forever if you treat them right.

Make it a habit - rinse, wash, repeat. LIne dry if you can, they'll last longer!

Emschick38
by on Mar. 6, 2013 at 3:15 AM
If its all you have and can afford, they are great. With my 4 year old i got a doZen as a gift And for 5$ i got some pins and plastic pants from walmart. Diaperd her for 6 months while saving money to buy other diapers. The down side was i had to wash every day because of how fast they soaked. And she wasnt a heavy wetter
LLbaby143
by Bronze Member on Mar. 6, 2013 at 3:16 AM
I like thirsty duos because they have those legs gussets (I think they r called that.) And it helps prevent leaks waaaaaaaay better than other covers.
LLbaby143
by Bronze Member on Mar. 6, 2013 at 3:19 AM
ChArlie banana pockets are awesome and really good price at target! I love them. I also love bumgenius 4.0 . I prefer pocket diapers waaaaay over prefold plus cover anyday.

Quoting MommyO2-6631:

Check out cuties with cloth booties too... they have lot of gently used cloth diapers for sale. I just bought my first one from target... charlie banana brand. Haven't tried it yet.... i'm gonna have to strip it today so we can test it out.

polkaspots
by Gold Member on Mar. 6, 2013 at 6:16 AM
I use them as cloth diapers. We started out using them because they were cheaper and they are the only prefolds we could buy in stores. They soften up as you use them, but they are really scratchy when they're like dried. I don't use them for night time or for car rides but any other time they work just fine. My son is one and they still fit it him folded down in front. If I have to use it for night time or for while we're out I add a doubler. But they work well. They are also good for spills and other messes. They are also good for stuffing pockets when you don't have any inserts.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN