Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Breastfeeding Moms Breastfeeding Moms

I just really want to give up!

Posted by on Mar. 4, 2013 at 11:59 PM
  • 5 Replies
This is so hard. If he would eat instead of scream I would be happy. He went 6 hours today refusing the breast before I gave in and gave him a bottle. He was just screaming. And with his weight gain issues that is way too long to go. I was the only one here so I had to give it. Right after the bottle I got him to latch. I just don't know what to do. And giving up dairy is so hard. I have accidentally screwed up everyday since I started. Soy cheese shouldn't have whey in it. What the hell is the point in that? Sorry for venting but I had to get that out. Oh and even with refusing for that long he has had 7 dipes so far today.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Mar. 4, 2013 at 11:59 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
Precious333
by Group Mod-Julia on Mar. 5, 2013 at 12:23 AM
So sorry, i may have not read your other post. What are the weight issues? How many dipes/ what if you just give a little from the bottle next time to calm him down and then latch. When i.had latch issues with my firsy i would letvhim suck my finger for a little to calm him and then try and latch again. I also woild squeeze a bit of milk to get him to latch, but sounds like yoi son is not a newborn.

Also, try and offer to nurse sooner next time. That ways hes not so hungry and wanting desperate for the fast flow the bottle gives.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
gdiamante
by Group Mod - Gina on Mar. 5, 2013 at 12:23 AM
1 mom liked this

Well, the dipes are good.

I want you to google "High Needs Baby" and find Dr. Sears writings on the matter.I think you have that here. 

xredstarsx
by Bronze Member on Mar. 5, 2013 at 12:37 AM
Yes this is my second high needs baby. And most likely last because of it. I just feel that everything that could go wrong is going wrong. At least my dd gained weight even when she screamed all the time.

Quoting gdiamante:

Well, the dipes are good.

I want you to google "High Needs Baby" and find Dr. Sears writings on the matter.I think you have that here. 

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
gdiamante
by Group Mod - Gina on Mar. 5, 2013 at 12:40 AM

Baby is down about ten ounces from expected current weight. That's as of a few days ago.

Quoting Precious333:

So sorry, i may have not read your other post. What are the weight issues? How many dipes/ what if you just give a little from the bottle next time to calm him down and then latch. When i.had latch issues with my firsy i would letvhim suck my finger for a little to calm him and then try and latch again. I also woild squeeze a bit of milk to get him to latch, but sounds like yoi son is not a newborn.

Also, try and offer to nurse sooner next time. That ways hes not so hungry and wanting desperate for the fast flow the bottle gives.

Sprtam
by on Mar. 5, 2013 at 2:04 AM
I've read you can use a spoon, dropper or cup to give them a little expressed milk. Maybe this could help him calm down without giving him nipple confusion. That way you could get him back on the breast while he's still hungry. Don't give up! You can do it! Sometimes a few days feels like an eternity when we are dealing with such stressful issues.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN