Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Breastfeeding Moms Breastfeeding Moms

I seem to be extra hungry these days - what could it be?

Posted by on Mar. 5, 2013 at 11:40 AM
  • 2 Replies

DD #4 is 3 months old and I EBF and as of the last  two weeks I have been extra hungry.  I find myself hungrier throughout the days.  I eat breakfast, lunch, and dinner, in addition to snacking throughout the day.  I eat mostly fruits during the day as a snack and a few other snacks (handful of pretzels or granola bar or string cheese) and tend to have vegetables and salad along with my dinner.  I have my tubes tied so I am not pregnant but why have I been so freaking hungry?  Has this happened to you?

BTW...this has never happened with my other kids that I remember.

by on Mar. 5, 2013 at 11:40 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
Aireeahnah
by on Mar. 5, 2013 at 11:59 AM

From what I have been told, and my own experience, I become EXTREMELY hungry around times when my DD is starting a growth spurt and my milk production increases/she is nursing more frequently. 3 months is the mark of another growth spurt period for most babies, so it wouldn't surprise me if your body is preparing for the extra calories you're going to burn for the little one.

Maybe you don't remember this because hunger is such a little thing, not much for bothering/heavy weight in memory. Either that or maybe your other kids needed a little less milk than this one and your body is making more specifically for DD.

shortyali
by Alicia on Mar. 5, 2013 at 12:00 PM
With this baby, also my 3rd, I'm starving all the time, lol. DH jokes that I eat like a teenage boy because I'm always eating something it seems.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)