Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

ETA2 Price of formula story. ETA *pic*

Posted by on Mar. 5, 2013 at 2:57 PM
  • 89 Replies
9 moms liked this

So this actually happened.  

DH coworkers wife told me she wasn't going to bf because "it's gross, makes boobs sag and boobs are for husbands".  Ok, fine whatever.  Coworker just returned from paternity leave yesterday and was complaining to my DH about the price of formula.  Duh.  DH said he didn't know, we bf.  Coworker said some stereotypical idiot Neanderthal male response.  DH said I'm amazing for EBF and I'm even more amazing because I pump for a mom who is adopting (DH is a huge bf supporter). 

Coworker wife text me last night asking for milk so they didn't have to buy formula.  I am officially not shocked by people anymore.  

ETA: I don't think she has any desire to bf still. I believe she just wants free milk.

ETA2: so her DH told mine yesterday at work "D (his wife) was really upset by Sarah's text back to her.  She didn't need to be mean to her.  D just thought maybe she would like to help someone she knows instead of random strangers she meets on the Internet."  DH said he just said she helps people in need, not people in want.  I love my DH : )

just for fun:

The pic below is from my recipient : ) I love her!  I kind of want to send this to coworkers wife and say I donated this freely because I wanted to help another bfing mom.  I wonder how much this amount of formula would cost?

by on Mar. 5, 2013 at 2:57 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
norahsmommy
by Silver Member on Mar. 5, 2013 at 3:00 PM
Wow. That woman has got some balls.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
BlessedMammaof2
by on Mar. 5, 2013 at 3:03 PM
1 mom liked this
I'd be shocked to get a text like that. I wouldn't know what to say. On the one hand I would want what's best for anyone's baby especially if I were in a position to help but I wouldn't want to be taken advantage of.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
MaryJarrett
by Mary on Mar. 5, 2013 at 3:04 PM
4 moms liked this

this! :( :( I would've sent her info on relactation 

Quoting norahsmommy:

I'm Mary married(since 10-5-08) to Dallen, mommy to Serenity(2008) & Caidence(2010). Christian, SAHM, Full- term breast feeding, Cloth diapering, Vaccinating, Anti-CIO/Sleep-training, Natural birthing, holistic loving, AP, ERF, Bedsharing/co-sleepingresearch-loving kinda mama.

SadieJames
by Sarah on Mar. 5, 2013 at 3:05 PM
10 moms liked this

I know right? I responded with "the woman I am currently donating to is working very hard to induce lactation.  Once she can sustain her adopted daughter I will find someone else in desperate need, not someone who chose not to breastfeed.  Here's hoping you find some coupons."

Quoting norahsmommy:

SadieJames
by Sarah on Mar. 5, 2013 at 3:06 PM

I think she has no desire to relactate - she wants it for free from me with no work on her part.

Quoting MaryJarrett:

this! :( :( I would've sent her info on relactation 

Quoting norahsmommy:

EslingerCrew11
by on Mar. 5, 2013 at 3:08 PM
My thoughts too :/

Quoting norahsmommy:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
EslingerCrew11
by on Mar. 5, 2013 at 3:09 PM
2 moms liked this
Go you!!!!!

Quoting SadieJames:

I know right? I responded with "the woman I am currently donating to is working very hard to induce lactation.  Once she can sustain her adopted daughter I will find someone else in desperate need, not someone who chose not to breastfeed.  Here's hoping you find some coupons."

Quoting norahsmommy:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
parentalrights1
by on Mar. 5, 2013 at 3:09 PM
What did she say to that

Quoting SadieJames:

Quoting norahsmommy:

ceckyl
by Kyla on Mar. 5, 2013 at 3:09 PM
Oh my. What did you say?
Baby_Avas_Momma
by Elizabeth on Mar. 5, 2013 at 3:10 PM
2 moms liked this
Greatest reply ever lol! Lady is crazy!

Quoting SadieJames:

Quoting norahsmommy:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)