Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

what are ur thoughts on public breastfeeding?

Posted by on Mar. 6, 2013 at 1:00 AM
  • 103 Replies
1 mom liked this
by on Mar. 6, 2013 at 1:00 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
TattoodMommy19
by Bronze Member on Mar. 6, 2013 at 1:02 AM
14 moms liked this
That my child gets hungry in public.
So, I will nurse her in public.

I do no use a cover as is my right and I support all moms right to NIP however they feel comfortable.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
sleepymommy87
by on Mar. 6, 2013 at 1:02 AM
2 moms liked this
I support all breastfeeding.
audmom1218
by Silver Member on Mar. 6, 2013 at 1:02 AM
14 moms liked this
Well I'm not a fan of breast feeding the public they can find their own food, but I feed my baby whenever and wherever she wants to be fed (except in a moving vehicle). We use 2 shirt method and usually only dh is alware of what's actually going on. If she's in her wrap she looks like she's sleeping.
gdiamante
by Group Mod - Gina on Mar. 6, 2013 at 1:10 AM
5 moms liked this

I wish more moms would do it. 

Zazayam
by Nicki on Mar. 6, 2013 at 1:20 AM
2 moms liked this

Sometimes when I'm out in the world my baby gets hungry. I have two choices that I see here, put her screaming and crying back in the car and drive all the way home to finally feed her, or feed her in public.

I go with feed her in public. I bf all 3 of my kids wherever I was when they got hungry, and have only ever had one experience with people being nasty about it. Their problem, not mine.

I use a cover for my comfort, it doesn't bother the baby. Some women don't and some babies don't want to eat with their heads covered up. It's all about personal choice.

GoldenLinds
by Bronze Member on Mar. 6, 2013 at 1:28 AM
6 moms liked this
What are your thoughts on public restaurants?

Its a strange question, right? Lol. I dont think about public nursing, I just do it when LO wants it.
Cruz-s-mommy
by Amanda on Mar. 6, 2013 at 1:32 AM
5 moms liked this
This, I still do it with my 18 month old. Its his right and mine to decide when, where, and how he's fed, besides its only natural! You would jump out of a moving vehicle to stop a fawn from nursing its calf on the side of the road, you'd just go on about your business, I don't see why most humans can't have this kind of respect for nursing mothers. People need. to do it more, so it is re-normalized!!!

Quoting gdiamante:

I wish more moms would do it. 

mommy_2_be1994
by on Mar. 6, 2013 at 1:39 AM

i love ur point there its just natural to nurse ur child when they need to b fed

piwife
by on Mar. 6, 2013 at 4:27 AM
1 mom liked this
I breastfeed in public
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
shortyali
by Alicia on Mar. 6, 2013 at 4:30 AM
1 mom liked this
LMAO!!! I just woke DH up laughing. I agree. The public can get their own food, I will only bf my kids.

I nurse anywhere. The only place I use a cover is at my dads house because I would be uncomfortable nursing in front of him. He's told me many times I don't have to but I do. Otherwise I just use the 2 shirt method and no one is the wiser.

Quoting audmom1218:

Well I'm not a fan of breast feeding the public they can find their own food, but I feed my baby whenever and wherever she wants to be fed (except in a moving vehicle). We use 2 shirt method and usually only dh is alware of what's actually going on. If she's in her wrap she looks like she's sleeping.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)