Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Breastfeeding Moms Breastfeeding Moms

Dairy Sensitivity?

Posted by on Mar. 6, 2013 at 2:02 AM
  • 3 Replies

DD's poops are very mucusy. In fact, i don't think they've been seedy except for the day my milk came in. I think her random increased fussiness and spit up days might be linked to an increase of diary in my diet.

If you have decreased or eliminated dairy from your diet what are your substitues. ... i enjoy cheese, sour cream, yogurt and milk frequently. I know almond milk is a good choice instead of milk. But what other dairy items might i try to swap out?

by on Mar. 6, 2013 at 2:02 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
MusherMaggie
by Platinum Member on Mar. 6, 2013 at 7:29 AM
There are yogurts made from coconut milk. Ice cream, too! Read labels--anything that says "casein" or "whether" is also dairy. There are soy cheeses and butter, but I'm not a big fan of soy--some babies who are dairy sensitive also react similarly to soy.
audmom1218
by Silver Member on Mar. 6, 2013 at 7:45 AM
Before cutting dairy I would eliminate the possibility of an over active letdown as it can have a lot of the same symptoms, is more common and easier to treat! (Reclined nursing with baby on top)
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
outstandingLove
by Cheri on Mar. 6, 2013 at 12:27 PM

Quoting audmom1218:

Before cutting dairy I would eliminate the possibility of an over active letdown as it can have a lot of the same symptoms, is more common and easier to treat! (Reclined nursing with baby on top)

i do have oal but recline while nursing almost every time and she has taught herself to unlatch as frequently as she needs.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)