Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Breastfeeding Moms Breastfeeding Moms

Nightweaning 1 down!

Posted by on Mar. 6, 2013 at 9:28 AM
  • 3 Replies
I posted yesterday about health issues I am having from breastfeeding so much/long. After that post I decided to give nightweaning my two year old another go. I tried a couple months ago and it was awful. I'm happy to say that last night went better than I had expected. We talked a few times about how he could have boobies to fall asleep and then he would nerd to let boobies sleep until morning. We listed all the people we knew who slept all night long and I restated that boobies would be sleeping all night. I put on a long sweatshirt before bed to discourage myself from going on auto pilot. The first wake he did cry a lot but not nearly as bad as it had been a few months earlier. He woke and cried the second and third time but less intense each time and he woke up maybe two more times with no crying where I soothed him to sleep by rubbing his hair. When he woke up i made a big deal about how he did it and he was excited. He nursed for a good hour when he woke up rolling his eyes back in ecstasy, lol. Maybe there IS hope! I'm sure it will take a few nights but it was easier than I was hoping but hopefully we will both stick to it and this will be it.
by on Mar. 6, 2013 at 9:28 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
Cruz-s-mommy
by Amanda on Mar. 6, 2013 at 10:32 AM
That's awesome, congrats on the progress. Hope it continues to go well, good luck!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Baby_Avas_Momma
by Gold Member on Mar. 6, 2013 at 10:38 AM
Good job mama! :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Purplemommi
by on Mar. 8, 2013 at 9:54 AM
Each day he seems to protest a little harder but shorter. We still make a big deal in the morning and he seems proud. I see a few more days of protest in my future but hopefully not too many :-)
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN