Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

How to get to go to sleep?

Posted by on Mar. 6, 2013 at 10:11 AM
  • 15 Replies

How do you get your LO to go to sleep?

I have been nursing/rocking my son to sleep since birth.  I have no issue in doing this.  I love it and think its best for baby.  HOWEVER, he is almost 8mos and has been putting himself to sleep.  Is this okay for him to do?  He's only done it the past 3 days, so he may go back to nursing asleep.  He doesn't always nurse before laying down, I offer but he refuses or squirms around.  So, I lay him down and he's out.  He is eating 'some' solids.....bfast (oatmeal and fruit) and dinner (fruit and veggie and some times meat).  I just don't want my milk to decrease too soon...........

by on Mar. 6, 2013 at 10:11 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MommyO2-6631
by Leslie on Mar. 6, 2013 at 10:21 AM
1 mom liked this
As long as he's doing and you aren't forcing him to then i don't see a problem.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
MusherMaggie
by Platinum Member on Mar. 6, 2013 at 10:56 AM
No problem, and you sound well able to cope if his nursing patterns change. He still has a couple of growth spurts coming! If you think your supply is lessening more than you'd like, it won't hurt to skip the solids for a day or two--they're just for fun until he's a year old.
rHOPEb
by Bronze Member on Mar. 6, 2013 at 11:16 AM

Thanks.  Yea, there are some days he doesn't get them and I always make sure he nurses well before he gets food.  

Quoting MusherMaggie:

No problem, and you sound well able to cope if his nursing patterns change. He still has a couple of growth spurts coming! If you think your supply is lessening more than you'd like, it won't hurt to skip the solids for a day or two--they're just for fun until he's a year old.

PolishMamma2
by Marta on Mar. 6, 2013 at 9:56 PM

Does he still wake up in the middle of the night to nurse?  My DS changed his night feedings up a few times. I just kinda follow his lead...

Precious333
by Group Mod-Julia on Mar. 6, 2013 at 10:09 PM
Ditto

Quoting MommyO2-6631:

As long as he's doing and you aren't forcing him to then i don't see a problem.

SewingMamaLele
by Leanne on Mar. 6, 2013 at 10:20 PM
1 mom liked this

My daughter has been like this from birth, practically.   She wants to be put down to go to sleep.  It's not a problem.

rHOPEb
by Bronze Member on Mar. 7, 2013 at 8:34 AM

I still feed on demand.  He is such a distracted eater!  I have to sit in his room EVERY time b/c even the tv/music/sister/dad will get his attention and he won't nurse.  He still wakes at least once to eat at night (around 2am).  Last night he went to bed at 8pm!  His last nursing was 7:15pm, he woke at 11pm then 2am and then up for the day at 7:20am.  But normally he will nurse around 8pm and go to bed b/w 9-10pm.

Quoting PolishMamma2:

Does he still wake up in the middle of the night to nurse?  My DS changed his night feedings up a few times. I just kinda follow his lead...

mylovey
by on Mar. 7, 2013 at 8:36 AM
1 mom liked this

I normally nurse Fin to sleep in bed. 

Mommy to little Miss. Saylor, and little Mr. Finley. 

Monkeymama930
by on Mar. 7, 2013 at 8:41 AM
I'm jealous!!!! My son is 17m and still won't go to bed on his own. My doc said at 6m you should start laying them down to sleep. So I would think it was ok.
PolishMamma2
by Marta on Mar. 7, 2013 at 2:15 PM

My ds wants to be in bed by 7:30, If I dont have him in bed by that time EVERYONE knows its his bed time. And then he will wake up between 12-2 and then up at 7. And I know what you meen about being distracted. My DS has Boobie ADD. I have a rocking chair upstairs and thats where we nurse.

Quoting rHOPEb:

I still feed on demand.  He is such a distracted eater!  I have to sit in his room EVERY time b/c even the tv/music/sister/dad will get his attention and he won't nurse.  He still wakes at least once to eat at night (around 2am).  Last night he went to bed at 8pm!  His last nursing was 7:15pm, he woke at 11pm then 2am and then up for the day at 7:20am.  But normally he will nurse around 8pm and go to bed b/w 9-10pm.

Quoting PolishMamma2:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)