'Breastfeeding Myths Debunked' Day 10: Frequent nursing sessions cause problems-BONUS DAY-WIN a CafeMom Coffee Mug
Frequent nursing sessions cause problems is the myth we are debunking today.
Some of the problems frequent nursing supposedly causes are poor milk production, weak let-down responses, unsuccessful nursing, postpartum depression, problems with mom/dad's relationship, and obesity later in life. None of these are true.
Frequent nursing actually helps milk production, let-down and being successful. Nursing on demand is important to the health of your breastfeeding experience. Frequent nursing usually only lasts such a short time (first couple of months with many babies) that it shouldn't cause any problems with mom/dad's relationship. Breastfeeding on demand also helps babies to learn when they are hungry and when they're not.
Have you heard these myths before? What other myths have you heard related to frequent nursing?
One mom who replies to this post will WIN a CafeMom Coffee Mug.
- The Breastfeeding Moms giveaway starts 3/22/2013 at 8:00am (ET) and ends 3/31/2013 at 11:00pm (ET) (the "Giveaway Period").
- Enter by replying to this post with appropriate comments during the Giveaway Period.
- One winner will be selected in a random drawing of all eligible entries to receive a CafeMom Coffee Mug
- The random drawing shall occur on or about 4/7/2013.
- No Purchase Necessary.
- Open to US, DC, and PR residents 16 years and older.
- Void where prohibited. Click here for the rest of the Official Rules.