'Breastfeeding Myths Debunked' Day 3: Breasts need time to refill- BONUS DAY: WIN a CafeMom Toddler T-shirt
Today we're debunking the myth that breasts need time to refill.
This is indeed false. Breasts are constantly making milk. Research shows that the emptier the breast, the quicker the breast produces milk.
If you make baby wait to nurse thinking that your breast needs time to refill, you are actually hurting your milk supply instead of helping it. You are telling your breast that it doesn't need to produce as much milk because baby doesn't need what is already there.
Think about a fountain and how the water in a fountain never stops, it's continuous. That is how your milk supply is.
Have you heard this myth before? Did you believe it was true? Do you have anything to add to this?
One mom who replies to this post will WIN a CafeMom Toddler T-shirt
- The Breastfeeding Moms giveaway starts 3/13/2013 at 8:00am (ET) and ends 3/31/2013 at 11:00pm (ET) (the "Giveaway Period").
- Enter by replying to this post with appropriate comments during the Giveaway Period.
- One winner will be selected in a random drawing of all eligible entries to receive a CafeMom Toddler T-shirt
- The random drawing shall occur on or about 4/7/2013.
- No Purchase Necessary.
- Open to US, DC, and PR residents 16 years and older.
- Void where prohibited. Click here for the rest of the Official Rules.