Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Breastfeeding Moms Breastfeeding Moms

NIP advice needed plz

Posted by on Mar. 7, 2013 at 3:38 PM
  • 19 Replies
I know I am posting a lot and I apologize to those that are tired of seeing my SN. Lol But this is my first time ebfing. Anyways, on to my question.

I don't own a lot of button down shirtd and only have 2 nursing tanks. I do have a cover but what if my cover is left at home or is dirty or whatever. How do I NIP without showing everyone my breasts?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Mar. 7, 2013 at 3:38 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
GoldenLinds
by Bronze Member on Mar. 7, 2013 at 3:49 PM
Well there are several ways people go. I never used a cover. I didnt want to but even on rare occasions when I tried to cover my son from the sun or whatever it was just too much to handle. There is the 2 shirt method where the top shirt comes up and the bottom shirt pulls down. In a pinch I just used a belly band under my top so my back and belly didnt get drafty. On the whole most people won't know what's going on unless you are exposing your entire breast.
mama-smurf
by Felisha on Mar. 7, 2013 at 3:51 PM
You could always buy an extra cover and keep it in the diaper bag
Eliots_momma
by on Mar. 7, 2013 at 3:52 PM
I use the two shirt method or nurse in a carrier. Most of the time ppl think he's sleeping :) I used a cover once but baby screamed so we ditched it and nip became easier for us.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
christababy
by Member on Mar. 7, 2013 at 3:54 PM
I don't know. I just do it.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MusherMaggie
by Platinum Member on Mar. 7, 2013 at 3:54 PM
You can just wear one oversized shirt. Unbutton one or two of the bottom buttons, lift the bottom of the shirt & latch the baby on. Practice at home in front of a mirror until you get the hang of it.
farmlovin
by Member on Mar. 7, 2013 at 3:57 PM
1 mom liked this

Tank and shirt over the tank. pull the tank down, pull the shirt up. You can practice in front of the mirror until you get the hang of it. No one has ever said anything because i doubt they know what's going on. :) It just looks like I'm holding a sleeping baby :) 

tarakay0417
by on Mar. 7, 2013 at 4:19 PM
Thanks. I will try the 2 shirt method.

Quoting GoldenLinds:

Well there are several ways people go. I never used a cover. I didnt want to but even on rare occasions when I tried to cover my son from the sun or whatever it was just too much to handle. There is the 2 shirt method where the top shirt comes up and the bottom shirt pulls down. In a pinch I just used a belly band under my top so my back and belly didnt get drafty. On the whole most people won't know what's going on unless you are exposing your entire breast.
tarakay0417
by on Mar. 7, 2013 at 4:20 PM
Thanks. I will try that.

Quoting farmlovin:

Tank and shirt over the tank. pull the tank down, pull the shirt up. You can practice in front of the mirror until you get the hang of it. No one has ever said anything because i doubt they know what's going on. :) It just looks like I'm holding a sleeping baby :) 

pinkiebabii
by Jennie on Mar. 7, 2013 at 4:22 PM
Just do it. All that matters is getting baby feed. Sometimes you can't be as discreet as you would like but it doesn't matter your child does!

I almost never leave the house without two shirts but if I do, I just suck it up and nurse him or go to a private area if I'm uncomfortable.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
TiffanyMarie80
by Tiffany on Mar. 7, 2013 at 4:26 PM

this is what I do, too, and I just use regular stretchy cami tank tops rather than nursing tanks :)

Quoting tarakay0417:

Thanks. I will try that.

Quoting farmlovin:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN