Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Breastfeeding Moms Breastfeeding Moms

my baby doesn't poop

Posted by on Mar. 7, 2013 at 11:13 PM
  • 46 Replies
My baby is 9 weeks old and only breast fed, well he has quit pooping... he poops every 2 days... is this normal... he is on breathing treatments for bronchilitis and possibly have asthma
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Mar. 7, 2013 at 11:13 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
aimhawk
by Bronze Member on Mar. 7, 2013 at 11:16 PM

My son  pooped once every two weeks, there is less waste  breastmilk.

Meghan6391
by on Mar. 7, 2013 at 11:25 PM
He was pooping every time but that just stopped. He is very cranky now as well and its scary how much i can function on no sleep

Quoting aimhawk:

aimhawk
by Bronze Member on Mar. 7, 2013 at 11:30 PM

Have you changed something in your diet?

Quoting Meghan6391:

He was pooping every time but that just stopped. He is very cranky now as well and its scary how much i can function on no sleep

Quoting aimhawk:

Meghan6391
by on Mar. 7, 2013 at 11:32 PM
Nope. The only thing different is they put him on vitamins... but i wouldn't think that would cause constipation

Quoting aimhawk:

Quoting Meghan6391:

Quoting aimhawk:

aimhawk
by Bronze Member on Mar. 7, 2013 at 11:36 PM

I don't know, then. DS pooped normally at first, then it changed as he got older and like I said he pooped like once every two weeks. But he never seemed to be uncomfortable. Some of these other ladies will have great advice for you! So, bump and I hope he feels better!

Quoting Meghan6391:

Nope. The only thing different is they put him on vitamins... but i wouldn't think that would cause constipation

Quoting aimhawk:

Quoting Meghan6391:

Quoting aimhawk:

Meghan6391
by on Mar. 7, 2013 at 11:38 PM
Thank you. I am on the edge of giving him a little syrup to help him poop. My oldest was ff and they told me to do that if he couldn't poop

Quoting aimhawk:

I don't know, then. DS pooped normally at first, then it changed as he got older and like I said he pooped like once every two weeks. But he never seemed to be uncomfortable. Some of these other ladies will have great advice for you! So, bump and I hope he feels better!

Quoting Meghan6391:

Quoting aimhawk:

Quoting Meghan6391:

Quoting aimhawk:

Mrs.Pedro
by Bronze Member on Mar. 7, 2013 at 11:39 PM

My son had a bowel movement everyday up until around 6 or 7 weeks old. Then it went to once every 5-8 days. He was always cranky too, and even more so on the day he would finally poop. It was hard to deal with, but he wasn't constipated so there wasn't anything to be done.

gdiamante
by Group Mod - Gina on Mar. 7, 2013 at 11:50 PM

Not pooping is not really a problem at this stage. Hard dry poops would be a problem.

MusherMaggie
by Platinum Member on Mar. 7, 2013 at 11:50 PM
Because so much of breastmilk is digest and used, there is less waste to poop out. By his age, it is perfectly normal not to poop every day. Some babies go several days without a bowel movement, then have a big blowout.
MusherMaggie
by Platinum Member on Mar. 7, 2013 at 11:53 PM
2 moms liked this
Also, no vitamins are needed. Human milk is the perfect food for human babies. I would discontinue the vitamins. They can constipate, especially if they have iron in them.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN