Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

My baby is 9 weeks old and only breast fed, well he has quit pooping... he poops every 2 days... is this normal... he is on breathing treatments for bronchilitis and possibly have asthma
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Mar. 7, 2013 at 11:13 PM
Replies (11-20):
Meghan6391
by on Mar. 7, 2013 at 11:55 PM
I did find what looked like an old cheeto in his diaper.... i thought maybe my oldest placed it there or it was on the bed or something... should i call his dr

Quoting gdiamante:

Not pooping is not really a problem at this stage. Hard dry poops would be a problem.

gdiamante
by Group Mod - Gina on Mar. 7, 2013 at 11:56 PM

Probably don't need to call, but my philosophy is that if you think you need to call you should. 

Cruz-s-mommy
by Amanda on Mar. 8, 2013 at 12:09 AM
True!

Quoting MusherMaggie:

Also, no vitamins are needed. Human milk is the perfect food for human babies. I would discontinue the vitamins. They can constipate, especially if they have iron in them.

puggylove10
by Member on Mar. 8, 2013 at 12:20 AM
Look up infant massage for his tummy. There's a "water wheel" and "sun moon" movement mine likes when she hasn't had a bm
snglemomto1grl
by on Mar. 8, 2013 at 12:52 AM

It's normal. breastfed babies absorb most of the milk whereas formula fed babies have a lot of "extras" so they poop more often than breastfed. I was told some only poop once every two weeks. my daughter has gone as much as four days. but with a young baby i was told to make sure baby has good weight gain or baby may not be getting enough. oh, and i had to change from iron in her vitamins to iron free because that can constipate them.

snglemomto1grl
by on Mar. 8, 2013 at 12:54 AM

Quoting Cruz-s-mommy:

True!

Quoting MusherMaggie:

Also, no vitamins are needed. Human milk is the perfect food for human babies. I would discontinue the vitamins. They can constipate, especially if they have iron in them.

they need vit d after a month to prevent rickets.

SewingMamaLele
by Leanne on Mar. 8, 2013 at 12:57 AM
1 mom liked this
It can be totally normal, but i would stop the vitamins just to eliminate any possible cause. Vitamins definitly can constipate.
shortyali
by Alicia on Mar. 8, 2013 at 12:58 AM
3 moms liked this
Usually it's after 6 months and they need to go out side for about 15-20 minutes a few times a week. No need for artificial vitamins.

Quoting snglemomto1grl:

Quoting Cruz-s-mommy:

True!

Quoting MusherMaggie:

SewingMamaLele
by Leanne on Mar. 8, 2013 at 12:59 AM
No, they don't. If you're dark skinned, or live in a far northern area, you may want to supplement to make sure baby gets enough. But, most babies don't need it.

Quoting snglemomto1grl:

Quoting Cruz-s-mommy:

True!

Quoting MusherMaggie:

snglemomto1grl
by on Mar. 8, 2013 at 1:01 AM

i live in mi lol its either really hot or really cold lol. my one ped kept writng me a scrip for multis so ijust bought the enfamil vit d drops, it's really all she needed at that point. since switching, this one only has me give her what she needs now that she's ten months. so many pediatricians are all about money rather than the child :/ than each one tells you different. sometimes it makes me feel like I'm crazy for trying to have a healthy child.

Quoting shortyali:

Usually it's after 6 months and they need to go out side for about 15-20 minutes a few times a week. No need for artificial vitamins.

Quoting snglemomto1grl:

Quoting Cruz-s-mommy:

True!

Quoting MusherMaggie:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)