Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Questions about af

Posted by on Mar. 8, 2013 at 1:05 AM
  • 5 Replies
In january, i had a period. I thought well i need to stop stressing and breastfed more. And i thought my period would come regularly now. Nope. As of today i havent had one since. I breastfeed sometimes. Is this normal? Im due to get my tubes tied this month and my baby turned seven months today. I think i would know if im pregnant. But what is going on? My baby is getting some formula because months ago her doctor said she wasnt underweight but she was small. So,i kept giving it to her so she could keep her weight up. But i wanted her to breastfeed during the day. Im also feeling discouraged about feeding her cuz she chumps down on my nibbles. Help.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Mar. 8, 2013 at 1:05 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
gdiamante
by Gina on Mar. 8, 2013 at 1:20 AM
1 mom liked this

Abnormal periods are normal while breastfeeding. Test tomorrow morning to reassure yourself.

There is NOTHING wrong with small. Baby is expected to gain roughly a pound a month from lowest weight; she should be around seven pounds heavier than lowest weight. Quite possible the formula isn't needed at all. And consider: Bottles can encourage the chomping because bottles don't say ouch.

Please see the link titled WHEN BABIES ATTACK! on our resources sticky to stop the biting. 

4kings1queen
by on Mar. 8, 2013 at 1:34 AM
Ok.
4kings1queen
by on Mar. 14, 2013 at 12:59 AM
Yea, she has two teeth coming in so the nurse saying she was small was in oct. Im more concerjed with af. My test have been negative numerous of times but i ended three months along in tge past. This is my first time bf so guess im just worried.
gdiamante
by Gina on Mar. 14, 2013 at 2:16 PM

I've found AF will show up whenever it's LEAST convenient. 

Like when you're wearing light colored clothing! Like waving a red flag in front of a bull! I got caught while on a business trip, at night, in a downtown area with NO drugstores. I was lucky the hotel shop was open and had pads!

4kings1queen
by on Mar. 25, 2013 at 12:47 AM
This happened today. Ive been so grumpy lately and today i found out why. Af came today with a vengence.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)