Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Solids for almost 7 month old

Posted by on Mar. 8, 2013 at 8:09 AM
  • 19 Replies
1 mom liked this
Ok so this isn't my first rodeo but it is my first EBF baby. My mom nursed us all and she insists that my DD should be eating three meals a day. I haven't really pushed the issue with DD because I felt like if she exclusively nursed until her first birthday then she would be a okay. Am I wrong? I have given her mashed up bananas, some ripe pear that she gummed. I haven't really given her anything daily just every once in a while when I have had it on hand. I don't pump because I am always with baby. Should I? She eats it when I offer and doesn't seem to care if I don't. So am I doing the right thing? Do I need to give her anything? My others were FF after I went back to work and they started solids at 4 months. I want to do what's right by her.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Mar. 8, 2013 at 8:09 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Baby_Avas_Momma
by Elizabeth on Mar. 8, 2013 at 8:11 AM
2 moms liked this
You're perfect, no need to change anything! :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
audmom1218
by Silver Member on Mar. 8, 2013 at 8:11 AM
1 mom liked this
No need. Grandma can kindly butt out.
hnischke
by Heather on Mar. 8, 2013 at 8:14 AM
2 moms liked this
Look up baby led solids. That's what I plan on doing. He's just turning 6 mo next week.
Cruz-s-mommy
by Amanda on Mar. 8, 2013 at 11:00 AM
This! And way to go mama for ebf! You're doing awesomely. :-)

Quoting Baby_Avas_Momma:

You're perfect, no need to change anything! :)

fortressmom
by Bronze Member on Mar. 8, 2013 at 12:25 PM

No solids are needed before a year. New research shows that they are just for introducing tastes and textures, not for aiding nutrition. You are doing awesome. No need to change anything!

Octobermom2012
by Member on Mar. 8, 2013 at 12:45 PM
Exactly this! Tell Grandma that times have changed and you know what's best for her.

Quoting fortressmom:

No solids are needed before a year. New research shows that they are just for introducing tastes and textures, not for aiding nutrition. You are doing awesome. No need to change anything!

zoeysannsmom
by on Mar. 8, 2013 at 12:53 PM
My daughter just turned 5 months and I have started to give her baby cereal because she's always trying to get my food and I just give her a little it's mixed with breast milk and she really likes it. Every mom does it different so as long as the little one is gaining weight I don't see any problem
lifeforchrist
by on Mar. 8, 2013 at 1:23 PM

you should not introduce solids before 6 months. And the baby should be able to sit up on it's own and be rid of the tongue reflex. Doing so before this can cause harm to the baby's gut. google 'virgin gut' also grains are hard on baby's before a year and baby cereal is about as nutritious as wallpaper paste.

Quoting zoeysannsmom:

My daughter just turned 5 months and I have started to give her baby cereal because she's always trying to get my food and I just give her a little it's mixed with breast milk and she really likes it. Every mom does it different so as long as the little one is gaining weight I don't see any problem

MalakbelLacuna
by on Mar. 8, 2013 at 1:25 PM
Abigail is six months and we arent even thinking about solids yet. I plan to maybe wait until her first birthday. Im in no hurry for her to nurse less lol. I love her to pieces
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
zoeysannsmom
by on Mar. 8, 2013 at 1:50 PM

She does sit by herself and she just started eating 2weeks ago she will be 6 moths on the 1st she has had no problem with her toung  I give her about 2Table spoons on gerber single grain rice cereal  

Quoting lifeforchrist:

you should not introduce solids before 6 months. And the baby should be able to sit up on it's own and be rid of the tongue reflex. Doing so before this can cause harm to the baby's gut. google 'virgin gut' also grains are hard on baby's before a year and baby cereal is about as nutritious as wallpaper paste.

Quoting zoeysannsmom:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)