Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

RSV

Posted by on Mar. 8, 2013 at 8:31 AM
  • 5 Replies
My almost 7 mo old has RSV. I'm so worried. She has been eating about every three hours but not as long as usual. Usually she eats about 10 minutes total and on both sides. Now she is eating about 5-6 minutes and only on one side. I just want to make sure she doesn't become dehydrated. Should I offer her water in a sippy cup just to be safe? She does like to sip from a cup. Loves it actually.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Mar. 8, 2013 at 8:31 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
mostlymaydays
by Group Admin - Stacy on Mar. 8, 2013 at 8:48 AM
1 mom liked this
Breastmilk is WAAAAY better than water or pedialyte. It covers hydration and nutrition. As long as she's nursing I wouldn't worry. You might see a little dip in diaper output but keep offering and it'll bounce back as she gets more energy.

My oldest had a scary bout of RSV. It was frightening. He's my only one with asthma issues, now at 12, and they think his bout with RSV predisposed him.
B1Bomber
by on Mar. 8, 2013 at 10:03 AM
1 mom liked this

My oldest had RSV at 3 months. It's scary :(

I hope your little one feels better soon.

Cruz-s-mommy
by Amanda on Mar. 8, 2013 at 10:51 AM
1 mom liked this
My DS had RSV twice, he did slow up on his eating both times, but I never gave him anything but breastmilk. Take baby in the bathroom while you take a shower, set her outside the shower in a bouncer or take her in the shower with you and use a humidifier in baby's room or wherever she sleeps especially. Good luck, hope it passes quickly.
Madisonsmommy1
by on Mar. 8, 2013 at 1:21 PM
1 mom liked this
My baby girl had it at 5 months she lost almost 2 pounds bc she wasn't wanting to eat. Dr just wanted to make sure she was drinking a lil. All u can do is offer. RSV is very scary. My Daughter had it 2-3 weeks she did have to take an inhaler n breathing treatments. Use a cool mist humidifier it worked great.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
stacy2607
by on Mar. 9, 2013 at 2:22 AM
Yes it is very scary and serious.. my now 2 yr old Logan had it when he was 5 weks old and was hospitalized for 11 days..he was so sick..thank god he pulled through.

Quoting B1Bomber:

My oldest had RSV at 3 months. It's scary :(

I hope your little one feels better soon.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)