• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Fenugreek and mothers milk tea

Posted by on Mar. 8, 2013 at 10:55 AM
  • 7 Replies
Has anyone had any luck with either fenugreek or mothers milk tea? I can barely pump and milk out and I'm a full time working mother. I need help!!!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Mar. 8, 2013 at 10:55 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
eykelley
by on Mar. 8, 2013 at 11:07 AM
I used mothers milk tea in the first month of going back to work. It boosted it a little but.

I use Fenugreek now. I have seen about a 1/2-1 oz difference. But be warned u have to take A LOT of Fenugreek. U want to smell like maple syrup when u sweat! Lol.

You can try GoLacta (buy it online), Goats Rue, or talk to ur dr about a few doses of Reglan. Those can all boost it too.

Ppl will tell I the norm is .5-2 oz from BOTH breasts per session, and theyre right. But that doesn't make it any less stressful when that's not enough to feed ur baby while gone. :(

Gl.
Baby_Avas_Momma
by on Mar. 8, 2013 at 11:13 AM
What type of pump are you using? How often are you pumping? How long are you at work for and how much is baby getting while you're gone?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
myforevers
by on Mar. 8, 2013 at 11:25 AM
I have a purely yours pump. I only work 8 hrs at a time and I nurse before I go and as soon as I get home I don't have much time to pump at work but I atleast pump once if not twice I tried to breastfeeding strictly when I'm home

Quoting Baby_Avas_Momma:

What type of pump are you using? How often are you pumping? How long are you at work for and how much is baby getting while you're gone?

Cruz-s-mommy
by Amanda on Mar. 8, 2013 at 11:40 AM
If you are having trouble pumping enough at work, you can pump first thing in the morning wwhile baby nurses on the other side. Your. baby only needs 1-1.25 oz per hour of seperation in bottles no larger than 3 oz, for 8 hours that's 8-10oz, and less is fine if you're nursing right before work and right after pick-Up. ex: nurse baby before, 3 hrs later s/he gets 3 oz and nothing for another 3 hours, than another 3 oz, s/he'll have been away from you 5.5-6 hours by which point can make it 2 hours til you come to pickup and then nurse!So 6 ounces may well be enough.

Quoting myforevers:

I have a purely yours pump. I only work 8 hrs at a time and I nurse before I go and as soon as I get home I don't have much time to pump at work but I atleast pump once if not twice I tried to breastfeeding strictly when I'm home

Quoting Baby_Avas_Momma:

myforevers
by on Mar. 8, 2013 at 12:09 PM
At the moment thou I'm lucky to pump 2oz a session and she's nurses from both sides at a session so I can't pump and nurse at the same time

Quoting Cruz-s-mommy:

If you are having trouble pumping enough at work, you can pump first thing in the morning wwhile baby nurses on the other side. Your. baby only needs 1-1.25 oz per hour of seperation in bottles no larger than 3 oz, for 8 hours that's 8-10oz, and less is fine if you're nursing right before work and right after pick-Up. ex: nurse baby before, 3 hrs later s/he gets 3 oz and nothing for another 3 hours, than another 3 oz, s/he'll have been away from you 5.5-6 hours by which point can make it 2 hours til you come to pickup and then nurse!So 6 ounces may well be enough.

Quoting myforevers:

Quoting Baby_Avas_Momma:

Cruz-s-mommy
by Amanda on Mar. 8, 2013 at 12:17 PM
You can still pump and have her nurse on that side afterwards, may be a PITA though. Remember that breasts are not storage units, but factories and it's a supply and demand process. The increased stimulation will boost your supply. Otherwise I don't see any harm in trying fenugreek or mother's milk tea, but I don't have any experience with them to sharee. :-/

Quoting myforevers:

At the moment thou I'm lucky to pump 2oz a session and she's nurses from both sides at a session so I can't pump and nurse at the same time

Quoting Cruz-s-mommy:

Quoting myforevers:

Quoting Baby_Avas_Momma:

Baby_Avas_Momma
by on Mar. 8, 2013 at 12:31 PM
1 mom liked this
The thing about supply boosters is if you're not pumping as much as you're supposed to, the boosters just end up a waste of money. Adding in a pumping session in the morning when your supply is naturally higher will give you a higher output, and pumping on your days off would help alot too since you don't always get to pump as much at work. Don't worry about pumping in morning (I noticed you said baby nurses from both breasts). Your breasts are never empty, there's always milk, the flow will be a little bit slower but it won't deprive her from the milk she needs. :)

Quoting myforevers:

Quoting Baby_Avas_Momma:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)