Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Diaper rash help please!

Posted by on Mar. 8, 2013 at 1:50 PM
  • 3 Replies

My 33 month old DD has very sensitive skin. In the last few weeks, she's gotten dry, red marks on her butt. There is one on each "cheek." One of them is about the size of a silver dollar. On the other "cheek" the dry, red mark is quite long...maybe 5 inches long, and about 2 inches wide. They have been there for a good few weeks now.

This started when I switched her from only disposables to a mixture of cloth diapers and girls underwear during the day, and disposables for outings and at night.

I already use Sensitive Detergent for her clothes, but I don't currently have any detergents specifically for cloth diapers. So maybe there is a possibility of build up in her cloth diapers?

I also know she is allergic to latex; is it possible there is latex in the undies, CD's or disposables?

Could it be unrelated to diapering, and maybe something she is eating?

Also looking for natural treatments in the meantime, other than breastmilk; already doing that! :)

Please help!

by on Mar. 8, 2013 at 1:50 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
crazy4u49033
by Member on Mar. 8, 2013 at 1:54 PM
Try coconut oil!

On a side note- does she eat bananas? They actually have a protien found in latex in them. Wierd huh? Try cutting those out as well. There is actually a list of food that people sensitive to latex should avoid
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Ammie25
by on Mar. 8, 2013 at 2:19 PM

Quoting crazy4u49033:

Try coconut oil!

On a side note- does she eat bananas? They actually have a protien found in latex in them. Wierd huh? Try cutting those out as well. There is acts ally a list of food that people sensitive to latex should avoid

Wow! Just so happens, we just got bananas a day or two ago! She just ate one this morning! Crazy! I had no idea!

Ammie25
by on Mar. 8, 2013 at 2:28 PM

OMG. Bananas, potatoes, celery, grapes!!! She has eaten all of these things at some point in the last few days, including today!!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)