Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Super gassy baby tonight

Posted by on Mar. 8, 2013 at 9:57 PM
  • 3 Replies

My little girl is 4 mo's old and is ebf. We had a little bit of gas problems at first but positioning helped all that out and it's been smooth sailing ever since. Until tonight.

She's burping and (LOUDLY) passing gas, grunting, whining and all around acting like she has an upset tummy. She hasn't pooped today which isn't really weird for her on it's own but she keeps acting like she's trying to and in pain. Her wet diapers are fine.

I haven't eaten anything that I don't normally eat. She's kind of breaking my heart. And she's only really happy if I'm bouncing her, she'll fall asleep for maybe 5 mins then wake up crying again it's so sad :(

Is there anything I can do for her?

by on Mar. 8, 2013 at 9:57 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
MusherMaggie
by Ruby Member on Mar. 9, 2013 at 12:41 PM
Look up the article on overactive letdown/oversupply on kellymom.com and see if anything Sounds familiar. I would also look at food sensitivities--dairy, wheat, soy to start with. Baby massage, bicycling her legs, and a warm bath will help her pass the gas.
Zazayam
by Nicki on Mar. 9, 2013 at 1:27 PM

She had a huge poopsplosion late last night and seemed to feel better right away, I will look into that for future reference though thanks :)

I do have an overactive letdown but we tweaked our feeding positions and have been doing great for about 3 months so it was odd to just pop back up.

Quoting MusherMaggie:

Look up the article on overactive letdown/oversupply on kellymom.com and see if anything Sounds familiar. I would also look at food sensitivities--dairy, wheat, soy to start with. Baby massage, bicycling her legs, and a warm bath will help her pass the gas.

Ms.Pteranodon
by on Mar. 9, 2013 at 3:30 PM
You can also try gas drops
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)