Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Insurance/pump/vent. Grrrrrrrrrrr (long)

Posted by on Mar. 9, 2013 at 2:58 AM
  • 3 Replies
Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.
I've been fighting with DH's insurance since November to get a new pump. His employer hadnt approved that part of the insurance just yet. They are waiting for the deadline of Jan 2014. So I figured what the hell, I'd call again Jan 2nd and see if its covered yet. My DH's insurance renews Jan 15th so call back. I did that. Nope still not covered however if I can get a dr to sign off saying its medically necessary that I have a pump then they will cover it as long as their nurses approve the letter.
So I call the Ped and get the letter mailed in on Jan 30th. Finally hear back from them on Feb 22nd that I've been approved but no info on how to get the pump. Call them back on Feb 23rd to find out. After being in hold for 45 minutes and being transferred 3 times I get a phone number to call. Now it's late in the evening and I call the company and leave a message. I do this for the next 3 business days. Finally get a call back, we don't offer pumps. Now I get to call the insurance back and find another place.
Call 2 other places and finally find one that takes my insurance and offers pumps. Sign all the forms, order the pump on Feb 28th. I finally hear back from that company today that my insurance denied my request because my DS2 is over 90 days old. He was born on Nov 16th, he was over 90 days old when I finally got the damn approval letter. Well now that my pump is sounding like its on its on its last leg and gasping for air.
Called the insurance company and they have no idea what I'm talking about. I guess with DH's insurance I'm elgiable for a new pump right up to DS2's 1st birthday. No where on our record shows where this company even called. So now I'm pissed. The girl on the phone gave me yet another number for yet another company that that will supposedly work with me to get a new pump. I called them but they were on their way out the door so I was only able to get short answers. Basically I need to get a script for the pump (because my 2 letters aren't good enough) and fax it to them and then they will go over my options with me. So I know what I'm doing Monday morning.
I honestly just want to pull my hair out. I mean at this point I'm down to part time so I could get away with my manual if I truly needed to but it's beyond that now. Now it's like a mission to get that pump, lol. I've invested to many hours to not get it now.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Mar. 9, 2013 at 2:58 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
LHummel
by on Mar. 9, 2013 at 4:49 AM

Wow. Sounds so frustrating but soooo insurance normal. I hated dealing with insurance for my mom after my dad died. They were jerks. I record all my phone calls with people like that. I tell them I'm doing it that way when the whole "you werent told that" BS comes up I have proof. Good luck. Don't give in. 

moroccanmommy
by Robin on Mar. 9, 2013 at 7:10 AM
I had a script and bcbs still refused. A mom here gave me a awesome pump. Do u have a wic near by just in case?
shortyali
by Alicia on Mar. 9, 2013 at 7:17 AM
I called them and because DH and I make $10 too much, even with me being part time, they can't help. I'll figure something out. It's just annoying.

Quoting moroccanmommy:

I had a script and bcbs still refused. A mom here gave me a awesome pump. Do u have a wic near by just in case?
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)