Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

could it be possible?!

Posted by on Mar. 9, 2013 at 3:26 AM
  • 6 Replies

after giving birth ive developed really itchy skin... could it be possible that the hormones i produce while bfing cause skin irritation?!

by on Mar. 9, 2013 at 3:26 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
polkaspots
by on Mar. 9, 2013 at 4:29 AM
I don't think so. It's probably just a change your body went through. I had my oldest over three years ago, and my skin hasn't been the same since. I never needed to use lotion before she was born, but now I use it every other day or my hands got cracked and bloody. My knees and ankles too.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MusherMaggie
by Ruby Member on Mar. 9, 2013 at 11:12 AM
Try adding coconut oil to your diet and using it on your skin as well. I use goat's milk soap also.
BridgetMc
by Bronze Member on Mar. 9, 2013 at 11:28 AM
Did you use any drugs while in labor? I'd think that would be a more likely culprit. My boobs get itchy with letdown but I'm not itchy anywhere else or any other time. But hormones do weird things to our bodies.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
eawold
by on Mar. 10, 2013 at 3:47 AM
1 mom liked this
Yup potocin and an epidural.. my boobs get itchy too like your describing.. i hope it goes away once everything is leveled out again
BabyPink07
by Bronze Member on Mar. 10, 2013 at 8:11 AM
I had that, but it was because of the epi and pitocin. It went away after a day or so.
MommyO2-6631
by on Mar. 10, 2013 at 8:31 AM
Mine was like that because my skin was so stretched and then it wasn't anymore. My midwife described it as a type of shock
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)