Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

bleeding nipple

Posted by on Mar. 9, 2013 at 7:12 AM
  • 3 Replies
Somehow my little one has caused my nipple to get so sore it bleeds when he nurses. So much that his spit uo was pink. :(

How do I let it heal with out getting engorged or losing my supply? I have been putting milk on and air drying. Anything else I should do?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Mar. 9, 2013 at 7:12 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
MusherMaggie
by Ruby Member on Mar. 9, 2013 at 11:10 AM
How old is your baby? Has he been checked for lip/tongue tie? First thing to do is be sure he opens his mouth very wide, then pull him to the breast. If the latch is not good, break the suction by putting your little finger in the corner of his mouth and latch him on again. Google Lansinoh or nipple butter, and check kellymom.com for more information.
AspensMama1537
by Bronze Member on Mar. 9, 2013 at 1:57 PM
He is 10 weeks. He definitely does not have a lip tie. I try to put as much nipple in his mouth as I can but he has a bad habit of pushing it out then latching shallow. Sometimes I unlatch his several times trying to get a good latch. It makes him mad. Which tends to make his latch worse. I knew his latch wasnt great but it hadn't hurt me this much until now. I am really gonna try and get a bettet latch each time now! Ouch!

Thanks for the advice.

Quoting MusherMaggie:

How old is your baby? Has he been checked for lip/tongue tie? First thing to do is be sure he opens his mouth very wide, then pull him to the breast. If the latch is not good, break the suction by putting your little finger in the corner of his mouth and latch him on again. Google Lansinoh or nipple butter, and check kellymom.com for more information.

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
gdiamante
by Gina on Mar. 9, 2013 at 2:10 PM

Breastmilk on the wound. It's a FAST healer.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)