Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

help me!

Posted by on Mar. 9, 2013 at 5:27 PM
  • 8 Replies
I'm going to start school in 2 months. My son is 15 months old but still nurses anywhere from 4-6 times a day. I'm going to be in school Monday-Thursday from 6pm-11pm and Friday from 6-10. He nurses to sleep every night. What can I do to make it easier for him? I do NOT want to wean him. Do I leave him pumped milk? I noticed he gets hungrier at night.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Mar. 9, 2013 at 5:27 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
maggiemom2000
by on Mar. 9, 2013 at 6:30 PM

The only thing you need to do is leave him with someone he is comortable with :-)

No need to leave pumped milk at that age and for that time period.

Paradys
by on Mar. 9, 2013 at 6:33 PM
1 mom liked this
Nurse before you leave, leave one 2 oz bottle for caregiver (just in case), and nurse again when you get home (if he's still up).
It'll be fine.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
tabi_cat1023
by Group Admin -Tabitha on Mar. 9, 2013 at 6:35 PM

I think he will be JUST fine.  Nurse before leaving and make sure whoever is caring for him is willing t comfort him in any way possible

aniters
by on Mar. 9, 2013 at 7:17 PM
I'm leaving him with DF. I just feel bad because sometimes when he really wants to nurse he starts crying and is inconsolable :(

Quoting tabi_cat1023:

I think he will be JUST fine.  Nurse before leaving and make sure whoever is caring for him is willing t comfort him in any way possible

aniters
by on Mar. 9, 2013 at 7:18 PM
I'm leaving him with DF. I k ow he doesn't need milk but he cries at night before bed because he wants to nurse.

Quoting maggiemom2000:

The only thing you need to do is leave him with someone he is comortable with :-)

polkaspots
by on Mar. 9, 2013 at 7:24 PM
I would pump and leave milk. I do the same for my one year old because even though he can go without bm for a few hours at a time, he is always upset when I'm gone. You could change his routine so that he goes to sleep before or after you get home.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
audmom1218
by Gold Member on Mar. 9, 2013 at 7:44 PM
Chances are if you're out of site he won't even think of nursing. Dd barely takes 2oz (were done pumping just using our freezer stash) on days I work but nurses 10+ times a day when I'm home. She'll be 15 mo next week.

Quoting aniters:

I'm leaving him with DF. I k ow he doesn't need milk but he cries at night before bed because he wants to nurse.

Quoting maggiemom2000:

gdiamante
by Gina on Mar. 9, 2013 at 10:00 PM
1 mom liked this

If you're not there he will likely have ZERO issues. Mine nursed at night and cried for it... except when I was away on my business trips. Then it was as if he'd never nursed ever; went to sleep no problems at all. And back to nursing as usual when I was home. 

They will do for others what they will never ever do for their moms. It becomes especiallu iritating when you see them help others clean up!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)